Does Disney offer kids activites out of a "daycare" setting?

I just returned from a Carnival cruise that stopped in Port Canaveral. While there we visited Disney for the first time with a 6 and 8 year old. They loved cruising and Disney. So, we thought maybe we would make our next cruise a Disney cruise. Especially hoping that their childrens programs are a little more ship-interactive than that of Carnival. Carnival offered much for the kids to do but all in the Camp Carnival room which resembled a Daycare and my kids were not about going to daycare while on vacation. If their activites would have been offered throughout the ship, I think they would have enjoyed them more.

Anyway, how is Disney set up for the kids? Is it a similar type thing or are there offerings throughout the ship?

While most if not all of the activities in the Oceaneers' Lab and Club are in their designated spaces, our DGD and the other kids we came in contact with loved it to the point that some did not want to come out at dinner time, etc. There are a lot of crew members there with them, and they are doing everything from playing games to making flubber, etc. The spaces are extremely well designed and decorated to make the experience a lot of fun.

If you want to drop the kids off then the kids activities are pretty much all in the club/ lab. If you are looking for activities that you can do with your kids together there is lots going all around the ship.

My kids prefer to do things with me and some of the favorites are, Mickey 2000, Animation classes , Tea with Alice, lots of craft sessions. I

They do so much with the kids, so many activities, I wanted to go too! My two tweens did not leave their club (The Edge) on our Alaskan cruise we took last month. We were lucky that they joined us for dinner - all other times (including lunch - they ate with their friends and the Beach Blanket) they will with their club! Your kids will love it!

Archived