Childrens Programs??

FIVEONTHEAVENUE

Does Princess offer a kids club of some sort. Maybe something not so much in a daycare setting. Just recently off of Carnival Pride and although they offered much for the kids, it all took place in CampCarnival room which resembled a "daycare". My children, ages 6 and 8, were a bit turned off by this. I was hoping maybe Princess offered something maybe a bit more ship-interactive.

Our grandchildren have cruised with us twice and greatly enjoyed the kids programs. I think the one for the younger kids is a little daycareish. I don't know how they could be any different than that given the age of the children and issues of safety and security. After they get to the middle group it is less day care and more Y type atmosphere. Neither have used the teenage area and I know nothing about that. However the programming is what attracts the kids so much I think. From arts and crafts to talent shows and dissecting a squid they have both had a lot of fun, especially when we went to Alaska and the rangers came to the kids area and answered their questions.

On the small ships (Ocean & Pacific Princesses) there is only a children's program if there are at least 15 kids on the cruise.

And I might add to Paul's answer a little here. The Ocean and Pacific do not have a dedicated childrens area of any kind. When the number of children onboard warrant a childrens activity group, they meet in one of the public areas. ;)

Archived