Charleston Cruise Question

babychick

We are cruising on Majesty out of Charleston in an AB suite...can anybody please tell me if we get priority embarkation. Call to NCL gives a different answer every time. Also any other perks that you know of would help...we don't know what to expect and don't want to be disappointed.

All passengers sailing in suites do have priority embarkation & there is also a separate check-in line for you.... Don't know why you would get different answers from NCL, that is a real common question they should all know the answer to. Oh well! Oh, maybe this will help you with some of the amenities you'll receive in AB

Category AB - Suites

(ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE)

MAJSuite.jpg

EMBARKATION

1 Bottle of Domestic Champagne
Cut Flower(s) in bud vase

1 Small Tray of Hors D'oeuvres
1 Fruit Basket*
1 Bottle of Spring Water
*Replenished upon consumption

BATH AMENITIES
Cotton ball & Q-Tip Caddie
Shampoo
Conditioner
Bath Gel
Moisturizing Lotion
Milk Facial Soap 1.7 oz (20% Shea butter)
Verveine Soap 3.5 oz (20% Shea Butter)
Bath salts, presented in container
Loofah Mitt
Shower Cap
Sewing Kit
Shoe Shine Mitt

OTHER
Concierge Service
VCR with movie library
Bath Robes (Upgraded Robe)
Complimentary Pressing for Formal Night
Feather Pillows
Full Breakfast Menu
Turn Down Food Amenity-Formal Night

Thanks niya

The first NCL lady said"of course" you get on 1 hour b4 everyone else, separate line and all. but she also said turn-down food amenity meant you could tell a waiter you didn't like the food and turn it down one night..which I have learned is not what that means...I think it means the bring sweets when they turn your bed down at night...

Anyways the 2nd lady said "NO" at Charleston everyone is in the same line...Basically tough cookies lady. Have you sailed from Charleston b4?

Thanks for the info

Wow! That is too funny! In actuality, turn down food amenity means that your butler/concierge will come in the cabin & basically prepare your dining table for dinner is you choose to eat in your cabin. I have not sailed from Charleston before, but I know that NCL has separate check-in lines for Latitude members & suite passengers in most of the ports... And I also think that the concierge is available during embarkation, so just look for an NCL rep (not a port worker) & they can direct you to them.

Charleston has only one boarding line. You get to zig zag thru the lines. You will dump your luggage at the end of the pier and walk down the pier about a typical half a block. Then you will go thru the xray screening and then get in line. The lines went pretty fast. The slow down is for the picture taking.

You will also get to disembark before everyone. You will meet in a room just prior to deboarding and will get off first. If you have any time before leaving charleston, be sure and go to the Slave market. It is one block straight ahead after getting off the ship. If you have 2-3 hours before leaving, go on a carraige ride. You will learn alot of history in just a couple of hours.:)

So, let me make sure I understand....I don't get on the ship early....but am able to get off the ship early? And, WOW, the butler will set up dinner in our suite for us (it says formal night only) instead of just room service dishes handed to us?

OH Yeah...rude me...Thanks both for the info...i'm just a country bumpkin not even sure what concierges and butlers do.

Hi There,

Regarding embarkating and suites, we cruised in February from Charleston, and had in our party an owner's suite. I saw no separate "suite check-in" line, but there was a latitudes priority check in line, and it was very short. I think suite passengers can use that line.

Check-in was a breeze, since we got there around 11:45 am.

There were lots of perks, but by far the best one was the concierge. Her name was Natasha, from South Africa, and she was superb.

Archived