which balconys will actually connect on equinox

bellaone

Help. I have 8 of us on the Equinox 10/10, all adults, and I'm responsible for the decision making. I currently am holding (Concierge 2)resort deck 2144, 2142, 2140 and 2138. These are connecting cabins, so I assume all 4 balcony's will open on to one another. Does anyone know if they do? If I switch to non-connecting on Sky Deck, cabins (1077 through 1091) available to avoid Lido deck noise, would 4 in a row open? I realize all have overhangs, which is fine. Impossible to find out through Celebrity! Many Thanks in advance!!

Only about half of the steel partition (wall) separating the balconies are removeable. In other words, if you are sitting or standing near the sliding doors, others next door to you won't see you unless stepping around the half partition. It's not totally opened between connecting cabins. Not like small balconies transformed into huge uninterrupted spaces.

Not sure if ALL the partitions will open on your arrangement.

It really doesn't matter whether or not the cabins are connecting cabins. All of the balconies on the ship will open up so you can walk in between the 4 of any staterooms you select. Just the 3' or so of the plexiglass portion that connects from the stationary portion of the partition to the rail will open. Just ask your stateroom attendant. He has a special tool to disconnect it from the rail and attach it to the stationary portion of the partition.

IMG_0795.JPG

Here is shot of the partition that will open, you can actually see the hinge towards the bottom. So like they said about half of the partition will open.

Also, here is a shot of the connecting doors on the cabins. they dont have a door in the middle of a wall, your main doors are actually in from the wall, there are outer doors that will close and the inner doors stay open. You can see the outer doors are open, looks like the wall but its the outer door. If you have ever had a lock-out condo its kinda like that.

IMG_0820.JPG

You can see the outer doors normally stay open and you would use your inner door ass your main door. If you want them connecting there is a magnet that holds the inner doors open and then you would use the outer doors to enter both rooms. Kinda like french doors....

IMG_1132.JPG

If you go to the sky deck there are supports that run between pairs of cabins, which will prohibit you from opening up more than the pair.

If you want all 4 open you are better served staying on the resort deck.

If you go to the sky deck there are supports that run between pairs of cabins, which will prohibit you from opening up more than the pair.

If you want all 4 open you are better served staying on the resort deck.

The support beams come down between every other cabin on Deck 10 forward of the hump to support the pool deck, and on Deck 11 aft of the hump to support the Buffet area. You can open up the partition, but you have to step over vs. walk thru to get onto the next balcony. Here's a picture that shows the configuration. This is a picture from Cabin 1606, but notice the partition on the right vs. the one on the left. http://www.depping-design.de/test/displayimage.php?album=139&pos=20

Archived