Just off FOS. WOW!!!!

We were also on this sailing. Sorry I missed meeting many of you at the meet and mingle. We did get to meet some great people there as well as elsewere on the ship. We had a fabulous time and have already booked for next year. We also did Turtle Cove in St. Thomas and we did Captain Morgan's sailboat in St. Marteen. We enjoyed both but the snorkeling left alot to be desired on our excursion in St. Marteen. Hopefully or paths will cross again in the future.

DW and I also got off the same cruise.

We both thought the MDR food was so-so and thought our previous cruises had much better food. We ate at Chops one night and the food was excellent but the service was horrible; took like 2 hrs from start to finish. Didnt even get appetizers until 45min into ordering.

The main shows also were so-so. Only like the one guy that did the different singing voices and the different fairy tales musical was good.

Other than that we had a great time, ship was beautiful and overall service was excellent. Our stateroom attendant and waiter were top notch, tipped them extra at the end of the week.

We only shopped in St. Thomas, canceled our Jeep Adventure tour due to the not so great weather and the fact we dropped our camera in the Ocean in Cococay.. oops (bought a waterproof one in St. Thomas for a good price). St. Martin we did Orient Beach and then Maho Beach. Those planes flying over your head was exciting.

Now they need to bring to the ship to Galveston and I'd be all set.

AggieCard -

I know I am not the OP but if you are adamant about going to St. John, I'd suggest you do one of the RCCL excursions and then just do your own thing once you get off the ferry. They DO NOT care. They even said "If you're going on your own, see you later".

One couple in our group asked about taking a ferry back earlier. They said they only go every hr. on the hr. and go to a different port than the ship. They advised that the cab ride is expensive and traffic is bad getting back to the ship.

Lastly, once we got back on the ship we watched several runners. I am so thankful that wasn't me![/quote]

I'm sorry, but this is BAD advice. Perhaps the several "runners" you saw where as a result of someone saying "just do your own thing". People need to be careful when they give advice, especially when it's free. Others might think: " Oh look honey......no one cares" and boom! miss the ship.

We were also on this sailing. Sorry I missed meeting many of you at the meet and mingle. We did get to meet some great people there as well as elsewere on the ship. We had a fabulous time and have already booked for next year. We also did Turtle Cove in St. Thomas and we did Captain Morgan's sailboat in St. Marteen. We enjoyed both but the snorkeling left alot to be desired on our excursion in St. Marteen. Hopefully or paths will cross again in the future.

OK, who were you? We were also on the Turtle Cove excursion with our group of 15. Most of us were on the port side except for three women, two blondes and one brunette. Didn't you just love those "temporary" tattoos?

bob123

OK, who were you? We were also on the Turtle Cove excursion with our group of 15. Most of us were on the port side except for three women, two blondes and one brunette. Didn't you just love those "temporary" tattoos?

bob123

Hi Bob

It was great to meet yall last week....got alot of cruise memories and already planning our next one!!!!

Anyone cruised Hawaii????

FOS, Eastern June 5-12

DH and I, cruise #21 on RCI. 1st time on Freedom Class ship.

Too many details to describe it all..so I will rate my experiences from A-C!!!!

A+

The ship...beautiful!!!

The entertainment...the best on the high seas!!!! No matter what type of music you like...it is here!!

Graham Seymore...so funny...see his late nite comedy show...hilarious!!!

A

Main Dining Room...IMHO, food was great. Windjammer, equally good. Staff, remembered your name, drinks, lemon for water,etc.

Friendly staff ship wide!!! Diamond lounge...wonderful, beautiful view.

B

Port time in St Thomas 11:00-6:30...felt rushed when trying to get back from St. John. past cruises to St Thomas were 8:00-6:00....IMO, more relaxing, not watching the clock and fighting crowds.

C

Spa experience..long story, but the bottom line is that they screwed up my appt up and then was rude about it.(maybe your husband cancelled it???) I am not a "speak to the manager" type, but I had to this to get rescheduled same day....so much for a relaxing treatment......

Overall....near perfect trip,

wonderful trip...beautiful ship...especially good music acts...Anatasia Band, Latin group, Harmony duo (classical) and the production shows!!!

Will be glad to answer any questions!!!

Sounds great! We look forward to sailing the FOS this September.

We got off the ship as soon as cleared, right after 11:00am..hopped a taxi to Red Hook ($10 a piece). Had to wait for the 12 noon ferry ($12 a piece roundtrip tickets) at Cruz Bay by 12:15. Took a taxi to Caneel bay($5 a piece) and walked the trail to the free and uncrowded beach of Honeymoon beach.

Stayed for 2 hrs and taxi'd back to Mongoose junction and Cruz Bay for

shopping..($5 a piece)

Just missed the 3:00 ferry, so chilled in the High Tide bar and tried some local

beers...returned on the 4:00 ferry...another $10 a piece for the taxi back from Red Hook. Total cost for 2 of us was around $75 or so... We like to do the Red Hook ferry because it is shorter, dont know if it is cheaper or not.

We were back in St. Thomas by 5 and went into a few shops...by 5:30, back to the ship

The op are correct in saying that you are safer to stick with RCI excursions, but we have done it on our own enough, and we like the freedom of it (guess we have the freedom to get left there too, lol)

We did the same as you--Taxi to Red Hook--Ferry to St. John--But on St John we took a taxi to Cinnamon Bay, which is a camp ground. They have a small gen store where I bought a 6-pack and enjoyed the beach with only 2 other people. All our connections to and from the ship were perfect. If we had more time I would have liked to stop at a bar in Red Hook ( can't remember it's name ) supposed to be good.

Thanks for the info

Ray

We did the same as you--Taxi to Red Hook--Ferry to St. John--But on St John we took a taxi to Cinnamon Bay, which is a camp ground. They have a small gen store where I bought a 6-pack and enjoyed the beach with only 2 other people. All our connections to and from the ship were perfect. If we had more time I would have liked to stop at a bar in Red Hook ( can't remember it's name ) supposed to be good.

Thanks for the info

Ray

Duffy Love Shack???? Home of the Bushwacker!!!!:cool:

bob123

We were on the Silent Lady pirate boat. I know they split the group into two boats. My son and I sat in the back starboard corner. My husband was on the deck box next to the cooler. I was really afraid I would be wearing the tattoo to formal night! Luckily I found out the next day that my spray sunscreen would remove it. Our crew on the boat were very lively and did a great job of pointing out the turtles and other interesting things on the trip. When we went snorkeling the next day in St Marteen they never warned us about the Fire Coral or the Black Sea Urchins. Just pretty much tyou were on your own.

We were on the Silent Lady pirate boat. I know they split the group into two boats. My son and I sat in the back starboard corner. My husband was on the deck box next to the cooler. I was really afraid I would be wearing the tattoo to formal night! Luckily I found out the next day that my spray sunscreen would remove it. Our crew on the boat were very lively and did a great job of pointing out the turtles and other interesting things on the trip. When we went snorkeling the next day in St Marteen they never warned us about the Fire Coral or the Black Sea Urchins. Just pretty much tyou were on your own.

We were on the other vessel, the catamaran. Great crew, and same warnings about the coral and urchins. The rum punch was free flowing too. We did a private tour with Bernard on St Maarten and one of our stops was at a place next to a bay where a man explained black sea urchins. He very carefully picked one up and placed it in our hands. The spikes move but they don't harm you. It felt like toothpicks gently tingling your hand. Much worse if you step on one.

bob123

Archived