Disembarkation

You can carry off your own luggage beginning around 6:00 am. That lasts until around 7:00am. Then they begin calling you by groups. I think the goal was for everyone to be off the ship by about 10:30. We had a higher number (57), and they called up through 61 for the first time around 9:30ish Sunday. The problem we faced was that once you got your luggage, the line for U.S. citizens was a mess. Two areas merged into one line. People were cutting in line something awful. The ones cutting then got mad when those who had been waiting got upset. The porters initiated some of the line jumping. It was chaos. This area is one that needs improvement for the number of guests that the Allure accomodates.

one option to get off quicker if you are flying is to pay an extra $20 (i think) a person to have your luggage transferred directly to airline. We did that and got off super quick and it was so great not having to find our luggage. Your flight has to be past 11 to do this. We could have gotten off sooner, but I think we went thru the line around 8:30.

Unless there is a problem with customs - which doesn't happen often - it's pretty fast.

FLL is such a better port than MIA to disembark IMO

Just off this morning and we chose the express disembark and it started at 6:15. One thing about this option is if you do not have a free hand to go down the escelator then you have to wait for the elevator and that takes longer but once down then things seemed to go quickly. Customs was a breeze.

When we were looking at flights home, I went by the rule of not taking a flight before 11:00 am. We only had two times to choose from 10:30 am or 6:00 pm. So we went with the 6:00pm. Little did we know that you could start debarking at 6:00 am and that we could have made the 10:30 flight.

We then did a day at Hollywood beach through RCCL. They took our luggage to the airport. Took us to a community room on the beach (which had snacks and drinks). We walked around the beach and then they took us to the airport. The cost was $35 per person.

Just off this morning and we chose the express disembark and it started at 6:15. One thing about this option is if you do not have a free hand to go down the escelator then you have to wait for the elevator and that takes longer but once down then things seemed to go quickly. Customs was a breeze.

So, you can bring your luggage on the escalator if you have a free hand? That's good info - I thought we'd have to take the elevator because of the luggage, but now we'll just make sure we can manage with one hand free.

Hi all,

My partner and I are going on the Allure in October. I would like to know what time does disembarkation begins. Please let me know your experience. I know it can change for any reason.

Thanks

Stewart

My experience was we didn't have a flight till 2pm so we did a post cruise excursion which automatically gave us a 8am departure. At 6:30 we tried to take the elevator to deck 4 to have breakfast in the MDR and it wouldn't go below deck 5, so we got off and they tried to herd us off the ship ;). They thought we were express departure. Once we did get off the ship our bags were right there and we got through customs in 5 minutes.

Is the concierge lounge open on the last morning? What do they have? What are the hours for the dining room? Thanks Jet Blue just changed our air to 2:55pm so we will not be in a hurry to get off. Thanks

We had a 8:30 departure time and was off the ship in less then 5mins, once in the pier our luggage was right where it was supposed to be and through customs line in about 10 mins, it was so fast I was surprised! There was 2 lines for the US as there was 5100+ of us to get off and the line was super fast, they really have this down to a T! BTW I would NEVER want to drag my bags off the ship and through the pier, why as they take care of it for you?

We had a 8:30 departure time and was off the ship in less then 5mins, once in the pier our luggage was right where it was supposed to be and through customs line in about 10 mins, it was so fast I was surprised! There was 2 lines for the US as there was 5100+ of us to get off and the line was super fast, they really have this down to a T! BTW I would NEVER want to drag my bags off the ship and through the pier, why as they take care of it for you?

Because we have to catch an early flight home and need to exit the ship and get to FLL as early as possible.

My exact experience this past Sunday - we could not believe how easily disembarkation went. We were #33, left at 8:35, and were out in the parking lot by 8:50!!!

Because we have to catch an early flight home and need to exit the ship and get to FLL as early as possible.

Understandable but sounds like ALOT of work and dragging baggage around, maybe it is because I am too lazy and still have to lug around the luggage in the airport and that is the part of traveling I really dislike........:(

Having cruised the Oasis twice and then on the Allure this past January, debarkation started no later than 6:15 and each time we were at the airport by 6:40 and caught earlier flights home. Of course we did this carrying our own luggage off which is not a big deal unless you are carrying a lot of luggage.

Having cruised the Oasis twice and then on the Allure this past January, debarkation started no later than 6:15 and each time we were at the airport by 6:40 and caught earlier flights home. Of course we did this carrying our own luggage off which is not a big deal unless you are carrying a lot of luggage.

"If" I was that lucky then yea I prob would lug it off but try traveling with my wife..............:eek: :rolleyes: ;).................

Archived