Amazing Secret River Excursion in Cozumel

alaskaalaska

Has anyone done this on their own? We are on a couple of RCI cruises this year, but neither ship lists it in their tours.

Any info would be appreciated.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Forums mobile app

Hmmmm good question. :confused: Its sort of located off the main road in the jungle. When I was last there the roads were more like unmarked very bumpy.. (VERY BUMPY!!!!!) paths that I wouldn't think a regular car or taxi would take to reach. I'm not even certain if it is on private land or accessible on your own. maybe check their site and see if they offer it separate to book.....~~>> riosecreto

EDIT: on their webpage, it appears you CAN tan a TAXI transport to the main road entrance and it appears they will take you in to the location of the cavern (ON THE VERY BUMPY RD) in their vehicles.

Edited by wiskt

QUOTE=wiskt;~~>> riosecreto

EDIT: on their webpage, it appears you CAN tan a TAXI transport to the main road entrance and it appears they will take you in to the location of the cavern (ON THE VERY BUMPY RD) in their vehicles. End quote.

Thank you.

We are on two different RCI ships that both stop there, yet neither one offers it.

It sounds as if we will have to save this until we are on a ship that does.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Forums mobile app

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you wiskt & tiggerman101 so much for all the information y'all provided. My husband & I had this on our list of possiblities and I think I've just bumped it to the top. We've been to Cozumel several times and done something completely different every time so this excursion would keep in that tradition.

Edited by ladiva

• 2 months later...
I loved this tour! The best I have ever done on a cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I second that!! This is still tops on my list as one of my favourite excursions. Absolutely breathtaking and worth every penny. I did it for my husband, because he loves this type of ***** and will then lay on a beach with me for our other port days. I was terrified of bugs and bats and the dark and feeling claustrophobic. No problems. Loved it, loved it, loved it.

We don't normally book through the cruise, but this one I did because it's just so far from port. In 8 cruises this is only the second cruise ship excursion we've done. We did this in April and boy was I glad we were with the ship. The ferry got back 30 minutes after the guest 'all aboard' time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app