Celebrity's Blu

travel with kids

My DH and I are foodie snobs. I hate to admit it, but true. We are in the process of booking a cruise on Celebrity Solstice and are debating on booking Aqua level (to have Blu as our main dining room) which is more expensive or to stick with the regular MDR and with the money saved from the Aqua Spa class, dine at the specialty restaurants and hope to get into Blu.

Has anyone eaten in Blu and is it truly a foodie’s heaven?

My husband and I consider ourselves Foodies and we adored Blu. If you like even just the basic ambiance of some of the "forgotten" gestures of fine dining (i.e. clearing crumbs from the table, table-side preparations, clearing S & P before setting desert and the like out) it's a breath of fresh air.

Sometimes if AQ isn't popular, they'll do a big price drop to encourage booking. On our first Celebrity cruise we got a great price on a suite guarantee, tried AQ, and Celebrity is reaping the benefits since we booked AQ at a significant increase over a regular balcony or concierge cabin.

I would suggest searching for menus, I've seen them on Celebrity's main board.

Also, Blu is only open to AQ, and than suite pax on a space limited breakfast. There's no chance of getting entry otherwise. They are pretty strict about that.

• 2 weeks later...

We sailed on Solstice this past February and have recently booked our 2nd Solstice cruise - we absolutely booked AQ again. Blu was such a fabulous experience that we couldn't imagine NOT eating in Blu this time. The staff was great and the food, well, spectacular. From presentation to taste it was great. We will make sure we don't miss any of the yummy breakfasts this next time also. We did go the last couple of mornings and realized we missed out by not going sooner!

Thanks for the replies.

I think we are leaning towards AQ (mostly for Blu), but both DH and I love to meet new people through the large MDR experience and that would be missed.

This might not apply to the trip you were planning, but I thought I'd mention it when I saw your screenname (travels with kids) the AQ are double occupancy only. I am not sure, but I think you are able to book one parent in each stateroom with one child if you really wanted, but I believe it depends on the age of the child.

This might not apply to the trip you were planning, but I thought I'd mention it when I saw your screenname (travels with kids) the AQ are double occupancy only. I am not sure, but I think you are able to book one parent in each stateroom with one child if you really wanted, but I believe it depends on the age of the child.

LOL!! My DH and I were just discussing that I should change my name since we are taking less trips with the kids (they are now 21 & 16). However, I would have to create a whole new account and there is an emotional attachment to "Travel with Kids" that I am not ready to give up. ;)

For our upcoming trip on X, we will be traveling without the kids. This is a special trip (celebrating our 25) hence wanting to make it a step above the usual cruises and possibly stay in AQ.

Thank you for your concern and information. This is why I love these boards.

LOL!! My DH and I were just discussing that I should change my name since we are taking less trips with the kids (they are now 21 & 16). However, I would have to create a whole new account and there is an emotional attachment to "Travel with Kids" that I am not ready to give up. ;)

For our upcoming trip on X, we will be traveling without the kids. This is a special trip (celebrating our 25) hence wanting to make it a step above the usual cruises and possibly stay in AQ.

Congrats on your 25th!

I was afraid I was being outrageously nosy, which wasn't my intention. It comes up a lot with people not knowing that, and it occurred to me you might be planning a trip and not aware of the D.O.

I hope you have a wonderful trip.

• 1 month later...

We have cruised Solstice, twice, in Sky Suites. We were allowed to eat in Blu for a $5.00/pp charge for dinner in the evening. It was delicious.

Our absolute favorite place to eat on solstice is Murano's. We found the fare to be excellent.

• 3 weeks later...
My DH and I are foodie snobs. I hate to admit it, but true. We are in the process of booking a cruise on Celebrity Solstice and are debating on booking Aqua level (to have Blu as our main dining room) which is more expensive or to stick with the regular MDR and with the money saved from the Aqua Spa class, dine at the specialty restaurants and hope to get into Blu.

Not every one is happy with Blu.

• 1 month later...

Nooooo need to cancel this account. All you have to do is email the Cruise Critic Moderators & ask them to change your name. Just be sure to check on a search if your desired name is taken or not. OR you can give them a few names to choose on order of preference. It can be done in 24 hrs. That's what I did. In the end all your posts will just show all your posts under your new name.

Foodies here!!! We too just booked AQ on the Silhouette. It was about the same in price & has the benefits of the concierge so we decided YES. Since its our first time ever dining in BLU, we are considering it like a specialty every night... It should be interesting. Being that it's a 12 nighter there is plenty of time for specialties!!!

The Excite the Senses cookbook has selections in there & I would eat all of them. I also downloaded the menus & they look yummy. I'm sure even if it's not my favorite I will NOT go to bed hungry! LOL!

Thanks for the replies.

I think we are leaning towards AQ (mostly for Blu), but both DH and I love to meet new people through the large MDR experience and that would be missed.

We were in a Sky Suite but able to get into Blu for the $5 charge on two nights of our voyage. We enjoyed the food, service, ambience, and fellow guests very much. IMO you can still get the "meeting new people" experience in Blu as you can in the MDR. While there are plenty of tables for two, the opportunity is definitely there to mix and dine with others as well.

We only went to the MDR once on that 14-day voyage and were disappointed with regard to it being crowded (tables pushed very close together) and noisy. Just our experience.....

Booking AQ class solely for access to Blu is quite normal these days.

Good luck and enjoy!

Archived