Equinox review from 27th May cruise - short and sweet

Foncai

WOW!

What a beautiful ship.

13 of us sailed, from late 50's, 30s down to kids 15, 12, 11, 3 and 1 yr old.

Having previously only sailed RCI I was very skeptical about a Celebrity Cruise, but I would jump back on that ship tomorrow.

It is the perfect size for groups, with plenty to do for all the family.

Did I mention how beautiful it is??? Just stunning!

We stayed Concierge class, but I don't think it was worth the extra money.

The bars, atmosphere and feel of the ship were great.

NEVER have I been on a ship with such as young average age group. I was sure ( and no offense) that there would be many more 'older people' and snobby ones. But I was proven very wrong!! It was a much different crowd with mostly 35-65 year olds.

The staff were great, cabins great, food great.

I was however disappointed with the beverage package ( but that may be my own bad judgement)

My husband and I both bought the $54/day all inclusive package. But even with a smoothie, coffee, 5 glasses of wine or more and a few bottles of water I never got near that per day. So Celebrity won there, but maybe as I was with family I wasn't drinking as much as normal.

The non-smoking on board ( bar the few area's) was great.

Both the Silhouette and the specialty restaurants were great. We dined 5 nights in Dining room and five nights in Silhouette, but to tell you the truth the dining room food was above average and we probably could have just done one night in each of the 3 specialty restaurants and the rest of the time in the dining room. ( It was way better than RCIs dining rooms)

Kids club was great, we basically lost our 11 year old to them the whole time we were on board! The 12 & 15 yrs were a bit board with it, but they choose to use the pools instead.

So, overall, LOVED IT, Beautiful ship and a great cruise.:)

WOW!

What a beautiful ship.

13 of us sailed, from late 50's, 30s down to kids 15, 12, 11, 3 and 1 yr old.

Having previously only sailed RCI I was very skeptical about a Celebrity Cruise, but I would jump back on that ship tomorrow.

It is the perfect size for groups, with plenty to do for all the family.

Did I mention how beautiful it is??? Just stunning!

We stayed Concierge class, but I don't think it was worth the extra money.

The bars, atmosphere and feel of the ship were great.

NEVER have I been on a ship with such as young average age group. I was sure ( and no offense) that there would be many more 'older people' and snobby ones. But I was proven very wrong!! It was a much different crowd with mostly 35-65 year olds.

The staff were great, cabins great, food great.

I was however disappointed with the beverage package ( but that may be my own bad judgement)

My husband and I both bought the $54/day all inclusive package. But even with a smoothie, coffee, 5 glasses of wine or more and a few bottles of water I never got near that per day. So Celebrity won there, but maybe as I was with family I wasn't drinking as much as normal.

The non-smoking on board ( bar the few area's) was great.

Both the Silhouette and the specialty restaurants were great. We dined 5 nights in Dining room and five nights in Silhouette, but to tell you the truth the dining room food was above average and we probably could have just done one night in each of the 3 specialty restaurants and the rest of the time in the dining room. ( It was way better than RCIs dining rooms)

Kids club was great, we basically lost our 11 year old to them the whole time we were on board! The 12 & 15 yrs were a bit board with it, but they choose to use the pools instead.

So, overall, LOVED IT, Beautiful ship and a great cruise.:)

Loved you review :D.

My DH and I both had Beverage packages on our last cruise (Eclipse, January 2011), and we both just about made it pay. The edge probably went to Celebrity on the accounting side, but we LOVED the convenience, and the freedom from the tyranny of the dreaded bar bill on the last night.

Now that the price of the Beverage packages has gone up 10%, I just can't justify the price. Too bad, it was fun while it lasted.

Thanks for your review. We were on the June 6 cruise and were also impressed by how much younger the clientele was than we expected. My DH got the premium non-alcoholic beverage package and tried his best to get his money's worth, but just couldn't on such a port intensive cruise. We loved the ship.:D

You should have drunk fancier wine, that would have gotten you there... :p

Archived