Princess Cays Bungalows, maximum???

stoneharborlady

Have asked my question on the Private Islands board also, hope you dont mind if I also ask here.

Every thing I have read in the past stated the bungalows were for a maximum of 6 people, including the Princess website. Today, when I looked it now says maximum of 4. Our family has 6 people, so that would rule out a bungalow for us. Anyone here have recent experience with this? Note: Not talking about Sanctuary bungalows, but the regular ones.

Thank you.

Have asked my question on the Private Islands board also, hope you dont mind if I also ask here.

Every thing I have read in the past stated the bungalows were for a maximum of 6 people, including the Princess website. Today, when I looked it now says maximum of 4. Our family has 6 people, so that would rule out a bungalow for us. Anyone here have recent experience with this? Note: Not talking about Sanctuary bungalows, but the regular ones.

Thank you.

I'd say it would be sort of do-able with six, but not really. It's a small hut with a table and four chairs inside. Outside and nearby, are reserved loungers. Here's an older thread reviewing the bungalow: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=453306

Here's another review: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=16134232&postcount=1

At first I was going to reply that you were looking at the sanctuary but nope, you are correct. The regular bungalows are now for 4 people max. But the price did not change! Very strange!!

I know that I am going to get slammed for "not following the rules" but here goes. I would go ahead and book it for 4 people and bring the entire family. We booked it once and had about 10 guys hanging out at the bungalow. No one cares. If you upgrade and get the food delivered they will only bring food for 4 but there is so much food it would feed all 6 of you! And if you don't do that and go to the buffet instead then no harm.

You are paying for the building. They won't stop you if some "friends" drop by.

I'd say it would be sort of do-able with six, but not really. It's a small hut with a table and four chairs inside. Outside and nearby, are reserved loungers. Here's an older thread reviewing the bungalow: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=453306

Here's another review: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=16134232&postcount=1

We upgraded to have food delivered and there were 6 "not-so-skinny" adults at the table and we fit just fine. We mostly spent time outside the bungalow, not in it. It was a place for our stuff and a place to cool off.

Thank you all. I wouldnt care if we didnt all fit inside to eat, like you, its a place to drop our stuff and cool off.

But if we arent permitted to ride on the early tender together, its not worth it to us. We have young kids with us, and dont want to split up the family to ride over.

I booked 2 bungalows for our group. We have 16 people total. I too was concerned about the extra people but mainly being able to get the priority tender tickets. No problems. They issued the tickets for me and we pulled extra loungers up in front. There was plenty of room.

I booked 2 bungalows for our group. We have 16 people total. I too was concerned about the extra people but mainly being able to get the priority tender tickets. No problems. They issued the tickets for me and we pulled extra loungers up in front. There was plenty of room.

Do you mean to tell me they issued 16 priority tender tickets for you? Wow, I am surprised.

Karen

i have seen families of 8-10 use the Bungalows. The kids drop off their towels and bags and head for the water and the adults stay back and relax outside the bungalows. I use it more of a gathering and socializing spot than staying inside...go for it.

Do you mean to tell me they issued 16 priority tender tickets for you? Wow, I am surprised.

Karen

Yes the did BUT I was entitled to 12 anyway since I had two bungalows. We had 3 small children with us that technically didn't need them as they wouldn't make us leave behind a 1, 2 and 5 year old. So they really only gave us 1 extra ticket. Also we had arranged a group party on board so they knew already that there were 16 people in the group so they just automatically gave me that many tickets and also made sure they were side by side.

Archived