Carnival Freedom Window Rooms Facing Front - HELP

CruisinLAr

Has anyone been in, or looked in :o one of the rooms with windows in the front of the Carnival Freedom? I have one booked on the corner and there are walkways out front. Just wondering about the floorplan and if it was worth the extra 100 bucks for a room where people walk by...

Well, you got a cabin that has a little bit of sky view and you can walk out those doors yourself and watch the sunset. the only caveat is the door slamming can be annoying and more motion.

For having a full sized window to me it might be worth it.

We were in 6205 on Freedom this May absolutely loved it! Never once heard slamming doors! Hardly anyone ever went on that front deck and no one can see into your room, absolutely loved it - we also had a similar room on the Dream last year and loved it too! Well worth it!

LOVED being able to walk out on the huge balcony while pulling into and/or leaving ports. LOVED being on the lido deck. HATED the small amount of storage space. We managed but I think next time I will shoot for a porthole room. IMHO, best value for your money. :p

We were in that type of room on the Carnival Destiny. We loved the room and will get that type of room anytime we can. I must admit there was less square footage in that room (or it appeared to be so) but I loved the motion ( thought it would make me sick but nope loved it). We did not hear a lot of noise of the door banging. We did learn to walk very carefully out in the front at night as there is no lights out in the front ( due to the bridges navigation). We loved having the whole area out front to walk around and see. The description says it is an obstructed view but we loved the big window and were able to see the water and the sky.

I have not yet had a port hole cabin..that is in October. But for now we will get the 4J cabins anytime we can.

• 2 weeks later...

I am thinking about booking one of these cabins for next year. The date I am looking at has already sold out all the PT cabins so this is my next choice. I hope you post when you come back how the cabin was. :)

Has anyone been in, or looked in :o one of the rooms with windows in the front of the Carnival Freedom? I have one booked on the corner and there are walkways out front. Just wondering about the floorplan and if it was worth the extra 100 bucks for a room where people walk by...

We had 2 of those rooms on the Freedom Christmas Cruise of 2009. LOVED them! Since they were considered obstructed view, they were cheaper than regular porthole rooms. We also loved that the walk to the front was so close to our room. There were rarely people there. It was like our own private HUGE balcony. We tried, unsuccessfully to get those rooms again for our cruise starting in a couple of weeks.

I am thinking about booking one of these cabins for next year. The date I am looking at has already sold out all the PT cabins so this is my next choice. I hope you post when you come back how the cabin was. :)

Hi Sandy,

This comment is off topic. Just wanted to say that I'm glad you stayed on!:)

Archived