Review - Carnival Freedom - June 12 to 18, 2011

Cuizer2

i realize that i'm posting this in completely the wrong place but i know i can find you here zef...lol. what is the name of that place that mike and dori went to in puerto vallarta with all the natural sandy bottom pools and little waterfalls?? i think you went with them that time in 2009?? they took a taxi there and i can't for the life of me think of the name of the place. you can play in the water and they have a restaurant there too i think.

i realize that i'm posting this in completely the wrong place but i know i can find you here zef...lol. what is the name of that place that mike and dori went to in puerto vallarta with all the natural sandy bottom pools and little waterfalls?? i think you went with them that time in 2009?? they took a taxi there and i can't for the life of me think of the name of the place. you can play in the water and they have a restaurant there too i think.

I have no clue. I didn't go with them. However, I do have Mike's e-mail address. I'll e-mail it to you.

Sunday, June 12 – Embarkation

I showed them how to get to their cabin to drop off their stuff (a skill learned from six ship tours). We then explored the ship together.

Great review, but I focused on this one part. Can you tell me how to get to my cabin early to drop stuff off?

We're on the Freedom on Oct. 22 of this year and I was happy to see pictures of the balcony cabin and around the ship. Your pictures were great and the review was interesting to read. We're on the Cozumel, Costa Rica, Panama route. Thanks for posting!

We have done two Panama Canal 8 day cruises on the Freedom. It is a great ship. Your review was good. BUT YOU NEED TO PUT THAT CAMERA DOWN..AND GO HAVE SOME FUN!!

You sound like a dear, thoughtful person!!! I loved your comment about the little girl dragging the huge suitcase..on wheels..but still way big...

Great review, but I focused on this one part. Can you tell me how to get to my cabin early to drop stuff off?

It is something I learned from several ship tours I was on. Basically you have to know what you are doing before you do it. I could show you, but I don't think I can explain it.

A couple of important points however. 1) Make sure to tell the cabin steward what you are doing. Otherwise (s)he might think your stuff is left over from the prior cruise. 2) Make sure the cabin steward understands that you are not going to hang around (and don't hang around). You are just there to drop off your stuff and get out. Make sure to put your stuff out of their way (like in the closet).

Edited by Cuizer2

Thank you for a great and honest review. We are considering going on the Freedom next year.

I commiserate with you and your experience in Jamaica. I have been taken advantage of and yes you want to shake yourself and second guess what you should have done for a different outcome. You have the right attitude it is a lesson learned.

I will plan a cruise ship excursion based on your advice. So thank you.

Great Pic' and review. We have been to these ports and enjoyed them. I watched the ships come into port on PortFever.com and Freedom had some problems. Did they inform the passengers? Just courious. Keep up the good reviews.

thanks

Thom

Great Pic' and review. We have been to these ports and enjoyed them. I watched the ships come into port on PortFever.com and Freedom had some problems. Did they inform the passengers? Just courious. Keep up the good reviews.

thanks

Thom

When we came into Port Everglades on June 18 there were no problems.

Just got threw going over your pics. This is probably a stupid question but here goes. Are the razors, toothpaste and the other stuff free or is there a cost after you open them? Just curious.

The personal items in the bathroom are free (and here is what I found) ...

DSC_0167.jpg

DO you have any pics of the inside of the ship? Also I know you did not sail with a teen but our 15 yo will be sailing with us and he LOVED the Allure teen club and was wondering what the Club O2 was like, THANKS!

BTW I love the pictures, care to share anymore? :D

DO you have any pics of the inside of the ship? Also I know you did not sail with a teen but our 15 yo will be sailing with us and he LOVED the Allure teen club and was wondering what the Club O2 was like, THANKS!

BTW I love the pictures, care to share anymore? :D

I was with a thirteen year old, so I only took pictures of Circle C (12 -> 14 year olds). Here is a link to the pictures I have uploaded so far ...

http://travel.webshots.com/album/580361389ILaCql

Most you have seen, but some were not included in my review. I will add more picture later, but have been a little busy, so I haven't had the time.

I was with a thirteen year old, so I only took pictures of Circle C (12 -> 14 year olds). Here is a link to the pictures I have uploaded so far ...

http://travel.webshots.com/album/580361389ILaCql

Most you have seen, but some were not included in my review. I will add more picture later, but have been a little busy, so I haven't had the time.

THANKS, loved the pics of the Allure! That ship was just beyond words.

• 2 months later...

Cuizer2,

What a great review!!---Thank you

We will be in 9253 in December---do you remember if both side doors

of the balcony could open to 9249 and 9257?

I believe our friends have selected 9257.

Thank You for your help!!

Cuizer2,

What a great review!!---Thank you

We will be in 9253 in December---do you remember if both side doors

of the balcony could open to 9249 and 9257?

I believe our friends have selected 9257.

Thank You for your help!!

Here is the forward door ...

DSC_0169.jpg

And here is the rear door ...

DSC_0170.jpg

Edited by Cuizer2