Booking whale tour

tetons

Harv and Marv, Dolphin, or Allen? Which one would you do again if given a chance? They seem to all go to the same area but have different size boats from what I have gathered on cruise critic. This is the best web site for cruise questions ever.

I've only used Harv & Marv and would book with them again in a heartbeat. We had Steve and thought he was fantastic, very knowledgeable about the area and just a great guy. He was in constant contact with other boats in the area and we ended up losing count of how many whales we saw. We were on a six person boat and thought it was the perfect size.

I second the endorsement for Harv and Marv. We were there 2 weeks ago and had Capt. Liz. She was great. Very knowledgeable and really friendly. Liked the size of the boat (6 person) and the personal nature of the tour. Saw Orcas and a group of humpbacks bubble netting. Truly Amazing. Do not hesitate to book with Harv and Marv!!

We were on the Harv and Marv whale watch tour with nomarfan5 and absolutely loved it! Steve was great and allowed picture-taking in the front and back of the boat.

Our previous Alaska cruise we took an evening whale watch on a larger boat with about 50 people and got to see about 20-30 whales bubble net feeding, so that was great also.

Harv and Marv, Dolphin, or Allen? Which one would you do again if given a chance? They seem to all go to the same area but have different size boats from what I have gathered on cruise critic. This is the best web site for cruise questions ever.

Just got back and we used Harv and Marv in Juneau and the trip was great, but I must say that the whales were more plentiful in Icy Strait Point if you are stopping there. If so I met friends that used F.I.S.H.E.S. and had great things to say about them. But yea, use independent tours- they are smaller boats and less crowded.......Enjoy !

Use the trip that is on the water the longest. Ask specifically how long the boat is on the water, not how long the tour lasts. Go for the one that is the longest.

Two hours seems like a long time, but the time just flys by.

Just got back and we used Harv and Marv in Juneau and the trip was great, but I must say that the whales were more plentiful in Icy Strait Point if you are stopping there. If so I met friends that used F.I.S.H.E.S. and had great things to say about them. But yea, use independent tours- they are smaller boats and less crowded.......Enjoy !

"It depends." The time you were in ISP vs. the time you were in Juneau that was the case. But for me, it was just the opposite one year within a few days of each other.

We also used Harv and Marvs and will go again with them when we go back...and we do plan on going back to Alaska!:p

Hope I attached the photo correctly of the whale tail--the cabin behind it is Steve's house! Wish I had views outside my house like that!

Enjoy!

IMG_0955.jpg.d2cd13724acfaecafb7eafb24a49c7bc.jpg

Another endoresement here for Orca. Whatever you do, do NOT use Alaska Galore. They left us hanging with no tour (after I had booked with them 6 months in advance) and are not a reputable company (in my estimation). I tried to save money by using their toursaver coupon and got burnt. Fortunately Orca Enterprises saved the day for us!

Archived