Is Az. following Celebrity by abolishing daily news sheets?

Joecors

Have read that "in a fleet-wide change" Celebrity is no longer printing daily news sheets.

For a charge of $10 per cruise passengers will be allowed to download newspapers and magazines on to an iPad.

Perhaps Bill would care to comment on the veracity of this.

Have read that "in a fleet-wide change" Celebrity is no longer printing daily news sheets.

For a charge of $10 per cruise passengers will be allowed to download newspapers and magazines on to an iPad.

Perhaps Bill would care to comment on the veracity of this.

I would seriously doubt that Azamara would follow. Right now I believe the news sheets are in various languages and near (are on) the front desk, along any port information.

You're right! It refers only to the daily U.S./U.K./Canadian news sheets.

I don't think that the readers of The Times would be too interested in knowing who won the Quest trivia quiz or what time the ship was due to dock in Citt/// Cit/// ....Athens! Or even which shop to go to in Istanbul to get 10% off a Persian carpet

oh please excuse my premature panic - of course there will still be the activity informational sheets! as to the news of the world, aren't we all on board the ships to escape from that anyways!

Hi Everyone !

I've asked the question to Azamara. Hopefully, I will have an answer shortly. Stay Tuned !

Joecors : I see you posted this same comment on the Celebrity Forum. Do you have any proof of this ? Or, is this a Shipboard Rumor ?

Hi Everyone !

I've asked the question to Azamara. Hopefully, I will have an answer shortly. Stay Tuned !

Joecors : I see you posted this same comment on the Celebrity Forum. Do you have any proof of this ? Or, is this a Shipboard Rumor ?

It is certainly true of the Eclipse:

British newspapers will be available via iPads, which can be hired from Guest Services for a fee that's yet to be announced (but expect around $10 for the week to download a paper every day). This is a combination of several factors: a nod to saving paper; a further plug for Celebrity's close relationship with Apple; a new revenue stream; and a chance to offer a much broader range of newspapers to guests. It'll be available on other Celebrity ships, too.

This is taken from CC story http://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/news/news.cfm?ID=4379

Hi Everyone !

I asked the question to Celebrity & Azamara. Celebrity responded, and said the Paper version of the News will continue to be available for their Guests.

While I've learned that Celebrity is doing some testing of News distribition to I-Pads (as Albert Ross mentioned), I'm fairly certain that Azamara does not have an agreement with Apple, and I highly doubt Azamara has immediate plans to discontinue the Paper version of the News.

If Azamara responds, I will post their reply.

Archived