Just returned from the Amsterdam

blossiem

Have just returned from a 16 night S American trip on the Amsterdam. Firstly, thanks to everyone who patiently answered all our questions before we went (newbies to HAL). Secondly we found her a truely lovely ship. Infact I think, surpasses any other that we have sailed on. My parents had a S class suite which was excellent, and for their needs in a perfect location, we had a D class stateroom which was more than adequate for our needs.

The good points are too numerous to mention, however the following must be amongst the highlights, the verandah in my parents cabin; the smiling, friendly and helpful staff; the Neptune Lounge; the flowers and the antiques around the ship; the lid on the swimming pool (especially on this 'cold weather' cruise); the lido restaurant and the quality of the team trivia prizes (in comparison to PandO and Cunard) to name but a few.

We had an excellent trip and thouroughly enjoyed it.

Glad you enjoyed your cruise. We, too, find HAL to be a cut above in many ways. We've not sailed on the Amsterdam, but have on her sister flagship the Rotterdam. Lovely ship. So are you planning your next cruise?

We too are newbies to HAL and are expecting a great cruise this coming January.

Are you going to be on the Amsterdam's 30-day Hawaii/South Pacific voyage in January? If so, post on the roll call I started for this cruise and maybe we can get acquainted between now and then.

Blue skies ...

--rita

Archived