Butler services in a Sky suite

Mack704

i am still on the fence regarding our butler from the Eclipse in a Royal Suite. Let's see, he brought afternoon snacks, sweet and savory every afternoon, and if we were present, offered us tea.

he brought a standing order of lattes/espressos every AM, and a favorite side dish for my daughter every afternoon. he was able to bring fresh squeezed OJ even after the breakfast period had ended, and room service said it was unavailable.

he took care of our laundry service, but i suppose a room attendant could have done that.

The only part that miffed me was that I told him on the first day about a certain shore excursion when we were getting picked up in a private car. lo and behold, the port (livorno) was off limits to private vehicles, and we actually had to take a shuttle bus through the port and beg the driver to let us off once we crossed the gates so we could join our party. used a full hour waiting. had our butler told us that, or even looked into it, or given us a name/title of someone who could have helped us, much angst would have been avoided.

so, food? yes, butlers. critical thinking skills? not on our cruise. would we do it again? you betcha! it was great to be pampered and indulged.

In recent cruises I have found quite a difference between Celebrity butlers and Azamara butlers and I have come to expect less of the Celebrity butlers. Because they are worked so hard they rarely get time off ship so I would never rely on them for knowledge about ports and shuttles - not saying I shouldn't just saying I wouldn't now. Many now I see as being an additional person who does things tasks which could be done by a room attendant. That said, there are some stunning exceptions

Anyone able to tell us who the current butlers on Deck 12 of the Eclipse are?

You are right. Made no sense to us.

That was odd to me, too. lol The only reason I could see for having them that close together timewise, is if you were just staying in your suite.

And I would have liked a carafe of hot water left to make tea. Only had it once - when I called for it. I asked if tea was served with tea (guess that was a dopey question?! :rolleyes:) and he said "No." lol My butler should have been nicknamed "Dr. No".... :D

Because they are worked so hard they rarely get time off ship so I would never rely on them for knowledge about ports and shuttles

This is true. And when they do have time off, many prefer to stay on ship & nap. Sometimes they venture out if they need essentials ... but it is infrequent for many of them.

Archived