Dining at Blu

[quote name='Lois R']A full breakfast menu is offered in Blu. I don't remember if Eggs
Benedict is on the menu but it is way more than a continental
breakfast.[/QUOTE]

On the Equinox in January 2010 Eggs Benedict was on the menu some days; not others. I asked for it one day when it was not and I got it.

[quote name='gillyE']We are Elite and also AQ -- for the first time -- on our upcoming cruise. We normally go to Michael's Club for a light breakfast and enjoy the complimentary coffees and OJ. However, breakfast sounds wonderful in BLU. Does anyone know if they serve complimentary coffees and OJ in BLU? Thank you.[/quote]

If I am elite and my girlfriend is select (staying in the same cabin), is she eligible for Michaels Club Breakfast, too?

thanks in advance.

[quote name='kitkat9438']All you have to do is ask. I LOVE creme brulee and it's not on the menu. However, they were more than willing to get it for me.

One evening we dined in the MDR with our other friends and my friend who was also in Aqua requested something she wanted off the Blu menu. They were able to get it for her, no problem. [B]I don't know if this was because we had a super waiter or she was just very persuasive. [/B] :D

Love, Love, Celebrity. They really are all about making sure you have a wonderful cruise experience. Customer service is the best.[/QUOTE]

I'm betting it helps to be cute too :)

Am I the only one still confused? My husband and I just booked Aqua class on the Equinox and our travel agent put us in for select dining. We definitely want to dine in Blu, rather than the MDR.

I see that my dining option can only be modified by my TA. If I don't have this changed before sailing, will we still be able to eat in Blu? Or should I call now to have my TA change us to traditional dining?
We've already paid for the gratuities.

Am I the only one still confused? My husband and I just booked Aqua class on the Equinox and our travel agent put us in for select dining. We definitely want to dine in Blu, rather than the MDR.

I see that my dining option can only be modified by my TA. If I don't have this changed before sailing, will we still be able to eat in Blu? Or should I call now to have my TA change us to traditional dining?

Call your travel agency back and change to traditional dining.On the first nighyou arrive at blu for your seated time.After the first night you can go to Blu anytime.If you are now booked Select dining you will be assigned to the MDR.

It used to matter whether you had select or traditional but no more. First night you will receive a letter in your stateroom, just go to Blu, show them your room card and you are good to go. As long as you are in a AQ stateroom, you can eat in Blu whenever you wish.

Heres a helpful link.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/beforeyourcruise/faq/home.do?faqSubjectName=Celebrity+Select+Dining&faqId=3857&pagename=faq_answers

It used to matter whether you had select or traditional but no more. First night you will receive a letter in your stateroom, just go to Blu, show them your room card and you are good to go. As long as you are in a AQ stateroom, you can eat in Blu whenever you wish.

Heres a helpful link.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/beforeyourcruise/faq/home.do?faqSubjectName=Celebrity+Select+Dining&faqId=3857&pagename=faq_answers

Thanks for the link, dkj. I'm still working my way around the Celebrity site, and I'm finding things are not always so clearly explained. I just got nervous thinking we'd be relegated to the MDR, when we paid for Aqua class specifically for Blu!:D I'm going to change the option to traditional anyway, just to be on the safe side.

Thanks for the link, dkj. I'm still working my way around the Celebrity site, and I'm finding things are not always so clearly explained. I just got nervous thinking we'd be relegated to the MDR, when we paid for Aqua class specifically for Blu!:D I'm going to change the option to traditional anyway, just to be on the safe side.

Excellent idea anyway, enjoy the cruise...When working around their web site, there is a section on FAQ questions, they are very informative...

We upgraded to Aqua class and already had select dining from our original reservation. I thought I couldn't change since the gratuities were pre-paid for select dining.

I guess I should call my TA as well....

We upgraded to Aqua class and already had select dining from our original reservation. I thought I couldn't change since the gratuities were pre-paid for select dining.

I guess I should call my TA as well....

You can change it but it doesn't really matter, Blu is totally anytime dining...

Archived