Our amazing Dream cruise--photo and trivia review!

EMc&DrS

We just got our confirmation back from Mark at Maya Chan and we are all booked for our day there In October! I also emailed Victor from Bodden tours and he was very helpful with the stroller/kids questions I was having, so we're booked for our Zip & Dip with Bodden Tours as well! I have to thank you again. I got so many great tips from you and we are MORE then looking forward to the upcoming vacation!! :-)

The email you sent me was great reading and thanks for sharing all the advice/hints/tips with us out here. My only regret is that I wasn't more involved with Cruise Critic 3 cruise's ago! I sure do know for the future! :p

This was an absolutely marvelous review. Thank you so much for all the time and effort you put into this. We are sailing on the Liberty in Dec and will visit 3 of the ports you visited and this has been extremely helpful.

I am also excited about the Chef's table, my DH would love this. Sounds like it might be a grand surprise should they offer it on the Liberty.

We are looking forward to the honeymoon we never got to take and our first vacation alone!!!

Safe travels to everyone and may our paths cross in the future!

Hey, I saw where you and Crewsweeper parked at ParkNCruise. It seems that it worked out great for both of you but just wondering if you or anyone else could comment more about the ParkNCruise. Is the lot fenced and secure. Also, I may of missed how the pickup at the boat was. Did you have to wait long and was there a big crowd for the shuttle?

They seem to be running a special but the op starting the thread seems to be working for ParkNCruise. That is all he ever post about. :eek:

Thanks

Hey, I saw where you and Crewsweeper parked at ParkNCruise. It seems that it worked out great for both of you but just wondering if you or anyone else could comment more about the ParkNCruise. Is the lot fenced and secure. Also, I may of missed how the pickup at the boat was. Did you have to wait long and was there a big crowd for the shuttle?

They seem to be running a special but the op starting the thread seems to be working for ParkNCruise. That is all he ever post about. :eek:

Thanks

The lot was fenced with barbed wire on top. Entrance had a closing/locking fence gate also with barbed wire on top. The parking lot was not paved, but gravel--no parking lines to mark spaces, so you actually have more room between vehicles. We have a luxury SUV and felt very good about leaving it there for the week. The people running the place were definitely focused on customer service. The nicest feature was that they unload your car under cover in that hanger-type building, so you are out of the heat or rain.

When we walked out to the shuttle area after the cruise, the shuttle was already waiting. He loaded our bags and we were off (there were already about 5 people on the shuttle, so it was full once we added our bags). We were zone 16 for disembarkation, so it wasn't like we were the first ones off the ship! It was 8:15 when our zone was called, so I'm sure the shuttle had made several trips back and forth to the lot by the time we got there, and yet we didn't have to wait. I believe they were running more than one shuttle. We were in our car and heading toward I-95 in less than 45 minutes from when our zone was called for disembarkation.

What a wonderful review. Dh and I have sailed on the dream but not the western itin... So excited to do this route. I would love a copy of your spreadsheet please. jbshedevil@yahoo.com thanks

Sure. My wife and I have been debating next summer's cruise, but we're really thinking about doing this same cruise again--go for it!

Great review! We are booked in 6492 & 6490 in January. Can you tell me if the devider between these balconies open? It looks like it has a lock and hinges so I'm assuming it does but hate to assume. Thanks.

Great review! We are booked in 6492 & 6490 in January. Can you tell me if the devider between these balconies open? It looks like it has a lock and hinges so I'm assuming it does but hate to assume. Thanks.

I think it does, but I'm not sure. I know the one between 6492 and 6494 opens because they opened it during the cruise when they were washing the decks. The two rooms you've booked do share a tiny little "foyer" area between the main hallway and the doors to the cabins. This was great because it acted as a buffer between your cabin door and the hallway. We rarely ever heard noise from the hallway except when the older children staying in another cabin would knock on the door of 6490 where their parents were staying.

You are going to love it. Either of those two decks are big enough to host a party--but together they will be huge! Have a great trip.

Just wanted to let you know that thanks in part to your wonderful review we are now booked on the Dream for next April! :D

Awesome!! Which part of the ship did you pick? You'll have to let us know what you think. I believe we're going to book it again soon for next summer.

Awesome!! Which part of the ship did you pick? You'll have to let us know what you think. I believe we're going to book it again soon for next summer.

After much debate and mind changing between aft, spa balconies, etc we settled on 8458 and 8462. The last two cabins on port side before the aft wrap. 8462 is my brother and SIL's cabin and has a larger balcony and we plan to open the divider between our two cabins. We are so excited. I cannot wait!

After much debate and mind changing between aft, spa balconies, etc we settled on 8458 and 8462. The last two cabins on port side before the aft wrap. 8462 is my brother and SIL's cabin and has a larger balcony and we plan to open the divider between our two cabins. We are so excited. I cannot wait!

Those are nice. You're going to love it!! Congrats again on the Anniversary. We'll all expect a review when you get back.

If you think of any questions, just let me know. I have a friend who's been on Dream 3 times, so if I can't answer your questions, I know he'll be able to for sure!!

• 2 weeks later...
The cabin looks to be an aft wrap? We were in 9472, another aft wrap, same cruise, can't tell you how much we loved it. HUGE balcony :) You were a few decks below us, hi neighbor? Love the trivia, very fun review!

Hey....we have 9472 in Dec....are thyere partitions on both sides of the balcony that could be opened to your neighbors...

• 2 weeks later...

Well thanks to your review I am booking the Dream for my 50th birthday TODAY! Oct 1 sailing! And I am booking Maya Chan for our Costa Maya Port excursion. I have also seen GREAT things about Fernando's 100% Agave restaurant and bar....but with all the free food and drinks at Maya Chan I am not sure I would be remotely hungry or thirsty to bother to stop at Fernando's at the end of our day......what is your suggestion....I just hate missing it too since it got such rave reviews!

We booked The Dream but not until 2012. I am going to book Maya Chan also. Your review was GREAT I enjoyed it so much. We booked a Suite cause my hubby decided he wanted to have VIP embarkation. We have always cruised out of NY in the past so maybe we didnt need VIP in this port. Either way it got me a Suite = ) .

I was also hoping to get a copy of your spreadsheet. My email is dunnwrightauto@frontier.com.

Thank you again for this wonderful review and all the great advice.

Shani

Well thanks to your review I am booking the Dream for my 50th birthday TODAY! Oct 1 sailing! And I am booking Maya Chan for our Costa Maya Port excursion. I have also seen GREAT things about Fernando's 100% Agave restaurant and bar....but with all the free food and drinks at Maya Chan I am not sure I would be remotely hungry or thirsty to bother to stop at Fernando's at the end of our day......what is your suggestion....I just hate missing it too since it got such rave reviews!

I've been to and loved Fernando's, but if I had just spent a day at an AI I would only stop by 100% Agave to taste/buy a jug of his homemade tequila.

Thank you for the detailed review and photo diary of your recent cruise. We leave on the 9th and this has helped get me more excited to go. I will have my husband read through this entire thread later tonight so he too can get in the cruise mood. He hates vacations and would prefer to just work... UGH! He is taking the cruise with us but flying home after and the kids and I are staying another week on Orlando..

Love, love your details.. did you write things down as you did them or do you have an amazing memory.

@ DisneyHotMama, how did your husband enjoy the DREAM?? As I read your post, I had to chuckle because my husband is the same way. He would prefer to work as well...UGH! We are going on the DREAM next March 2012 and I hope he will enjoy and cruising will change his ways:)

Hey....we have 9472 in Dec....are thyere partitions on both sides of the balcony that could be opened to your neighbors...

I know the partition between 6492 and the first extended aft balcony opens, but I don't think the partition opens between 6492 and the last cabin on the port side opens.

There's always "room" for another beverage, but we didn't want to lose any time at Maya Chan, so we stayed there as long as possible. It was so different from all other excursions we've ever taken, the thought of going some place else after Maya Chan (before getting back on the ship) never crossed our minds.

We booked The Dream but not until 2012. I am going to book Maya Chan also. Your review was GREAT I enjoyed it so much. We booked a Suite cause my hubby decided he wanted to have VIP embarkation. We have always cruised out of NY in the past so maybe we didnt need VIP in this port. Either way it got me a Suite = ) .

I was also hoping to get a copy of your spreadsheet. My email is dunnwrightauto@frontier.com.

Thank you again for this wonderful review and all the great advice.

Shani

You are right--I don't see how VIP embarkation can be that different if you get to the port early enough, but with that said, a suite is a suite for the entire week!! Enjoy!!! I'll send you that document.

Archived