Is this safe? or Against policy?

For an hour or two we put my 2 year old son to bed in the crib (in our inside room) by himself... Only 1 night out of 7 was he not asleep after we came back from the Adult Comedy. He was still in the crib - staring... My husband never shut a door so quickly in his whole life.)

(During his afternoon nap the first day or two I sat outside the room "just in case" he did not make a peep. He did not know how to climb out of the crib.)

On our next cruise when he will be almost 3, we will use the babysitting - because he will be on the couch...

I do not want to believe this tale, but am truly afraid that I do........

I see nothing wrong with a 12 year old watching his 2 year old sister while the parents go to dinner or something for a couple hours. Would I do it? I don't think I would...but I would have never brought a 2 year old on a cruise in the first place.

...and another thing (for me personally) is I would have never had a 10 year gap between kids. :p

This whole scenerio is just not something I would want to ever have to deal with.

I see nothing wrong with a 12 year old watching his 2 year old sister while the parents go to dinner or something for a couple hours. Would I do it? I don't think I would...but I would have never brought a 2 year old on a cruise in the first place.

...and another thing (for me personally) is I would have never had a 10 year gap between kids. :p

This whole scenerio is just not something I would want to ever have to deal with.

There is a 15 year gap between my oldest and youngest. I wouldn't advise it either lol

2, 6, & 17:eek:

Cruisin6,

I appreciate your concern, but what you are reporting could not possibly be true. There has to be more to the story. The only person in the USA that might be legally allowed to speak to the press about a child neglect case is the parent, unless parental rights have been terminated. No one else has the legal ability to do so. Also.... this would be a family court case, not a criminal court case and it would NOT be reported publically. You must be missing part of the story or you only know the parent's view.

Family court is not at all what you see on TV.

And along those lines.....I was watching my younger siblings at age ten for brief periods of time. You cannot generalize over this issue and you cannot call people insane when you no nothing about them.

Be well

In the city of Milwaukee it is legal for an 8 year old child to babysit his siblings. I do not agree with this, I think an 8 year old is waaayyy to young. I am sure other citys are like this so I am thinking if this story is true, there has to be more to it than that.

according to carnival's website, at camp carnival, "All children are supervised by staff who have experience and/or education in child-care."

No mention of background checks or anything. Again, this leads me to ask, are all camp staff CORI checked (and is this possible with an international employee base), and are any other employees who routinely work the decks, where children are, checked as well?

I'd probably trust my 12 year old before I trust a stranger (who I don't know has a criminal record, or not).

(not that I have a 12 year old, or any year old, for that matter)

according to carnival's website, at camp carnival, "All children are supervised by staff who have experience and/or education in child-care."

No mention of background checks or anything. Again, this leads me to ask, are all camp staff CORI checked (and is this possible with an international employee base), and are any other employees who routinely work the decks, where children are, checked as well?

I'd probably trust my 12 year old before I trust a stranger (who I don't know has a criminal record, or not).

(not that I have a 12 year old, or any year old, for that matter)

Me too........

For an hour or two we put my 2 year old son to bed in the crib (in our inside room) by himself... Only 1 night out of 7 was he not asleep after we came back from the Adult Comedy. He was still in the crib - staring... My husband never shut a door so quickly in his whole life.)

(During his afternoon nap the first day or two I sat outside the room "just in case" he did not make a peep. He did not know how to climb out of the crib.)

On our next cruise when he will be almost 3, we will use the babysitting - because he will be on the couch...

Hmm... Mother of the Year?

Archived