Westerdam VD veranda furniture ?

regnig

In just a short time I've learned so much about HAL's ships and staterooms here, so many thanks. Joan's site sure was very helpful.

The one bit of information I have been unable to determine is the provided furniture on the oversized VD verandas on Westerdam (Vista Class). Is there a table of dining height or only a low chair seat height table? We like to eat out on our balcony, whoops sorry that's Princess lingo, veranda and it would be great if the table was of regular height - although it won't make or break our cruise.

Thanks in advance for answering my question. :D

Peter just the regular VDs (4135,4137) not the ones by the crew stairway. Thanks for the pictures they really help.

While we're at it can someone assure me that the veranda's will connect once the steward unlocks the door between them?

Barb

Peter just the regular VDs (4135,4137) not the ones by the crew stairway. Thanks for the pictures they really help.

While we're at it can someone assure me that the veranda's will connect once the steward unlocks the door between them?

Barb

Yes, they do! We had 4 cabins in a row and had them all opened (4041 - 4037)!

The opening between 4041 (steel railing) and 4043 (plexiglass):

2995376880102790654S500x500Q85.jpg

2889069070102790654S500x500Q85.jpg

The opening to the balcony on the other side (also plexiglass) did not have that triangular steel protrusion, it was flush with the railing so it is a bigger opening.

BIG, big help Peter. I figured they would as on the Princess ships but we all know what happens when one uses the word "assume"! ;) Sure looks like we will like the flooring on HAL's verandas better than the stiff textured rubber ones we are used to as they were awful on bare feet.

Barb

Whoops, while I'm being a pest I just thought of another question. On cruises to the Caribbean do they open or leave the cover on over the Lido Pool?

Barb

It depends on the weather: if it is cool or raining they may close it. It's open as much as possible.

Archived