Jewel of the Seas - Baltic. Just back. Questions anyone?

how many semi formal nights on board. Ik there is 3 formal nights I just got that from someone else she wasnt sure about semi.. Also idk if this applies to you but do you know who the concierege is onboard

how many semi formal nights on board. Ik there is 3 formal nights I just got that from someone else she wasnt sure about semi.. Also idk if this applies to you but do you know who the concierege is onboard

RCI does not have semi-formal nights on board. They will have formal, smart casual and casual and sometimes themed nights.

Nedere Reid is the Concierge on board Jewel and she is a gem. Unfortunately, I do not know her vacation schedule nor who the alternate Concierge is while Nedere is on vacation.

RCI does not have semi-formal nights on board. They will have formal, smart casual and casual and sometimes themed nights.

Nedere Reid is the Concierge on board Jewel and she is a gem. Unfortunately, I do not know her vacation schedule nor who the alternate Concierge is while Nedere is on vacation.

thats what i meant smart casual not semi formal my bad. So excited to hope Nedere will be on next week she is wonderfullllllll!!!!!

On one night the suggested dress was 'Semi Formal'. None of the staff knew what it meant, presume Smart Casual. Will post photo of my interpretation.

On our cruise 2 Formal, 5 Smart Casual, 5 Casual.

Cheers

J

Where did you dock in Copenhagen and Stockholm? Did you need a shuttle to town? Were you able to get the HOHO boat in Stockholm from the same dock? Thanks!

Copenhagen. Docked very close to Little Mermaid. Walked into town and back.

Stockholm. Ship docks at Frihamnen which isn't close to city centre. Don't depair. Bus 76 goes to the centre. Go to Information Desk in the terminal and ask for tickets which are at least half the price of the cruise shuttle. They don't accept cash so credit card or debit card payment is necessary. 10 minute walk to the 76 bus stop (follow the blue line).

Sorry don't know about HOHO boat as didn't use.

Cheers

J

How was the entertainment? W

as the cruise director good?

The nightly shows were very good. No problem finding a seat in the theatre (7 p.m.). The cruise band was excellent as were all the other musicians. Went to the disco (Deck 13) a couple of times, impossible to find a seat. Daily Trivia quizes a lot of fun.

The Cruise Director excellent (Clo).

J

On one night the suggested dress was 'Semi Formal'. None of the staff knew what it meant, presume Smart Casual. Will post photo of my interpretation.

On our cruise 2 Formal, 5 Smart Casual, 5 Casual.

Cheers

J

P6200469.JPG

Didn't happen to be traveling with teens by any chance? If not, did they seem to be well entertained from what you could see.

What did you do in each port?

Sorry no info on teen activities.

What we did in ports.

Copenhagen. Walked into city via Little Mermaid. Watched Changing of the Guard (daily at noon). Viewed couple of churches. Wandered around city centre. Had a beer in cafe (very expensive), people watched. Walked back to ship via waterfront.

Stockholm. Local bus (No. 76) to city centre. Bus No.1 will also get you there (same Bus Stop). Walked to Old Town. Watched Changing of the Guard (daily at noon. More impressive than the one in Copenhagen with mounted band and guards, very crowded). Wandered around old town. Beer and people watched. Local bus back to ship.

Helsinki. Walked to city centre (around 30 mins). Walked to Harbour. looked around the market. Walked to the Rock Church. Heavy rain showers so returned to ship on local bus 14B (No. 16 will also do). 2.50 euros.

With hindsight, a day ticket would have been a better option. (7 euros). The bus stop for 16 and 14B is about 50 metres down the road from where the Cruise Shuttle buses pickup at the port. The day ticket can be bought from the driver and is valid for all transport around the city e.g. Trams etc.

St. Petersburg. We did the 2 day 'Complete St. Petersburg' tour with Denrus. Very good.

Tallin. Waked to old town and wandered around. Beer and people watched. Raining so waked back to ship.

Gothenburg. Cruise shuttle into centre. Only viable option although public transport could be used but involves changing from bus to tram, a bit complicated. Walked to old town and then to waterfront museum. Shuttle back to ship. Visited the Volvo museum before boarding adjacent to where the ship docks. Excellent. Entrance should be 50 SEK but nobody seemed interested in taking money (even more excellent!)

How was the laundry service? We are on the Jewel for two weeks this fall. Can we have laundry and pressing done? Will it cost a mint? Life is easier if we don't have to pack enough for the whole two weeks.

TIA

Archived