Secure Flight Passenger Information

Miss UK

Hi, on my (not working) Celebrity website, it states you have to submit Secure Flight Passenger Information and provides this link:- www.celebritycruises.co.uk/online-checkin-tranferred to do so. The link isn't working and I don't understand why Celebrity would require this information as I know you must submit it with your airline. Has anybody submitted this information or know anything about it?

Thank you.

If your flight is booked with X they collect the info and pass it on to your airline.

OK, we booked with a travel agent and I know we are flying with BA but I don't even have the right booking ref to pass the info on to BA. Guess I had better wait and see nearer the time, perhaps the TA will want the info and pass it on on my behalf. Thank you.

For some cruises, the cruise line are required to collect the same information in advance as airlines are and, I believe, they are requesting the information for all cruises [for simplicity and because they believe that, eventually, all crusies will require it?]. As I understand it, the most important thing is that you name on your cruise reservation matches your passport exactly.

Therefore, as I understand it, both the cruise line and the airline will require the information. You should have two booking references - Celebrity's and BA's. Request them from your TA. Then you can check and make sure everyone has the correct information as early as possible. Believe me, it can take a long time to sort out if something is wrong!

Sue

For some cruises, the cruise line are required to collect the same information in advance as airlines are and, I believe, they are requesting the information for all cruises [for simplicity and because they believe that, eventually, all crusies will require it?]. As I understand it, the most important thing is that you name on your cruise reservation matches your passport exactly.

Therefore, as I understand it, both the cruise line and the airline will require the information. You should have two booking references - Celebrity's and BA's. Request them from your TA. Then you can check and make sure everyone has the correct information as early as possible. Believe me, it can take a long time to sort out if something is wrong!

Sue

Hi, thanks for explaining. I have a Celebrity reference but not a BA one, But the link for the Celebrity API does not work, I am sure everybody else must have the same issue? Not sure how to get around that?

I am also having issues with Celebrity's website and have done so for close to two weeks. I emailed them to see if it was my computer or if it was at their end. So far no reply.

It's too complicated and they require far too much information, especially if their website isn't working properly. The API link doesn't work so how am I supposed to submit that, even though they can have all that if you check-in online. Also the reservation has been made without my middle name so now I think I need to change the reservation name on that too. They should just require a copy of your booking and ID, they'll want to know my bra size next!!! AAArrrghhhh.

Hi, thanks for explaining. I have a Celebrity reference but not a BA one, But the link for the Celebrity API does not work, I am sure everybody else must have the same issue? Not sure how to get around that?

From these boards, I understand that the website is having problems at the moment but have you tried navigating there yourself rather than using the link they sent you. If you go onto Celebritycruises.com [not .co.uk] and click on "My Celebrity" and follow the instructions you may get through if the link they sent you is wrong.

Sue

It's too complicated and they require far too much information, especially if their website isn't working properly. The API link doesn't work so how am I supposed to submit that, even though they can have all that if you check-in online. Also the reservation has been made without my middle name so now I think I need to change the reservation name on that too. They should just require a copy of your booking and ID, they'll want to know my bra size next!!! AAArrrghhhh.

You definitely need to sort this if the reservation is missing your middle name. This si the problem I had earlier this year and it took a very long while to get it sorted out! Are you a Captain's Club member? If you are, try contacting them about not being able to access My Celebrity to add your middle name.

Sue

From these boards, I understand that the website is having problems at the moment but have you tried navigating there yourself rather than using the link they sent you. If you go onto Celebritycruises.com [not .co.uk] and click on "My Celebrity" and follow the instructions you may get through if the link they sent you is wrong.

Sue

Hi, yes I have tried that route the Manage My Reservation part is not working, however it will allow me to check in on line. The link for the API is one on Celebrity's website. What a pain! Cheers.

You definitely need to sort this if the reservation is missing your middle name. This si the problem I had earlier this year and it took a very long while to get it sorted out! Are you a Captain's Club member? If you are, try contacting them about not being able to access My Celebrity to add your middle name.

Sue

Hi, no I am not a Captain's Club member, it's my first cruise. I think I will have to go through my TA to change it, I'll ring them later on or tomorrow. I can remember asking her if she wanted my middle name and she said she didn't. I hope I don't get charged for this now. So once it's changed it will show my 3 names and not just christian and surnames? Thank you. So you might of submitted Secure Flight Information through the Celebrity website?

Somebody else has just told me the reservation does not need my middle name but the airline ticket does?!! I have never used my middle name for a holiday travelling my air before, however I am travelling to the USA and they require extra information. I always thought the airline ticket did not print the middle name anyway?

You could call 01932 834 325 (opt 2) and speak to a human.....

Airlines require your middle names now, even though it is not printed on your ticket so they can check this against your passport.

'Secure flight’ is a U.S programme that applies to air travel to/via the U.S, whereby the passenger information (including middle names) must be transmitted to the airline carriers. Airlines will not issue the tickets until this information is complete.

Hi, on my (not working) Celebrity website, it states you have to submit Secure Flight Passenger Information and provides this link:- www.celebritycruises.co.uk/online-checkin-tranferred to do so. The link isn't working and I don't understand why Celebrity would require this information as I know you must submit it with your airline. Has anybody submitted this information or know anything about it?

Thank you.

I beleive that The TSA uses the same criteria for cruise ships as they do for airlines. So the secure flight would then be secure cruise information.

Hi, no I am not a Captain's Club member, it's my first cruise. I think I will have to go through my TA to change it, I'll ring them later on or tomorrow. I can remember asking her if she wanted my middle name and she said she didn't. I hope I don't get charged for this now. So once it's changed it will show my 3 names and not just christian and surnames? Thank you. So you might of submitted Secure Flight Information through the Celebrity website?

Somebody else has just told me the reservation does not need my middle name but the airline ticket does?!! I have never used my middle name for a holiday travelling my air before, however I am travelling to the USA and they require extra information. I always thought the airline ticket did not print the middle name anyway?

Whatever name is on your passport must be the same for the airline, the cruise line does not care but the airline does.

I have just "chatted" with a representative from Celebrity and she informed me that on the reservation itself only first and last names are required. When using the online check-in they will ask for middle name or initial. Hope this helps!

I have just "chatted" with a representative from Celebrity and she informed me that on the reservation itself only first and last names are required. When using the online check-in they will ask for middle name or initial. Hope this helps!

Hi, thank you very much that is a great help, I just need to get it sorted with the airline now. I have seen a box on the on-line check-in and have put the middle name in there. It's a bit of a pain having a middle name, I've decided!

Archived