SeaView Cafe on Radiance Class

I hope it's not a done deal with taking out the Seaview Cafe on all the Radiance class ships. I would like to see them leave at least one or two of these ships in their original configuration. Not EVERYTHING needs to be Oasis-ized!

Does anyone have a link to Giovanni's menu

Lunch: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/GiovannisTableLunchMenu.pdf

Dunner: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/GiovannisTableDinnerMenu.pdf

These are current links from Royal's website, but sometimes their links are not kept up to date.

If the Portofinos all get replaced by Giovani's I'm going to really miss the Spiedino de Mare - Seafood Skewer. It is amazing if you like seafood. Fortunately Mariner's dry dock next year is a short one. To short to rebrand Portofino.

More than anything about Seaview it is the loss of an "included" dining option. Without it Radiance class would have just MDR and WJ (besides Solarium pizza/wraps bar). Voyager Class and above have Promenade Cafe but they are large enough to also have the other extra fee places so no need to axe that.

I hope it's not a done deal with taking out the Seaview Cafe on all the Radiance class ships. I would like to see them leave at least one or two of these ships in their original configuration. Not EVERYTHING needs to be Oasis-ized!

It is possible that whether or not they do this to the other Radiance class ships will depend on how well or how badly this change is received on Radiance of the Seas. If you remember, once before, they replaced the Seaview Cafe on Jewel with something called the Seafood Shack which was so roundly criticized that they quickly changed it back to the Seaview Cafe. Perhaps the addition of the Park Cafe will make up, to some degree at least, for the absence of the Seaview. I realize that the menus are different but at least the Park Cafe with its great roast beef sandwiches is a free venue.

We would go into the WJ for breakfast on port days and take our trays to the aft section and up the stairs to those lovely ocean view seats on the deck at the seaview cafe to enjoy the morning with the place to ourselves. :)

Naturally we always cleaned our table and took our trays back down to the waiter stations when finished.

Later, when we returned, the DH would wonder up to the Sea View to order some of those great onion rings to bring back to the cabin as we came back from port days to munch on....wonderful! :D

On Radiance class ships, there is no where that you can't easily walk to take a plate back to your cabin. Sheeez... at the very least...you will walk off the calories! ;) Maybe??

I mentioned in a previous post that the rather remote location of the Seaview Cafe means that for the first day or two many passengers have not yet discovered it and it is rarely as crowded as it will usually be later in the cruise. I wonder if this factor will be a disadvantage for the Samba Grill or if they will find different ways to let guests know where it is located and what it offers. Since it is a revenue producing venue, its success could be adversely affected if people don't know where it is. :confused:

Archived