SeaView Cafe on Radiance Class

yes, you can go and get it and take it back to your cabin. But hurry, they've already taken the Seaview off of Radiance during her May dry dock and as each Radiance class ship goes into drydock for the Royal Advantage make-over, the others will be taken out as well.

yes, you can go and get it and take it back to your cabin. But hurry, they've already taken the Seaview off of Radiance during her May dry dock and as each Radiance class ship goes into drydock for the Royal Advantage make-over, the others will be taken out as well.

I wonder how many passengers used the Seaview? I know I will Book radience class W/ Seaview until they disappear. I was allways going for the fish & chips & great brownies.and the price was the best. What is the chance it will ever be back in another format on a newer class ship? Just because they pulled it from Radience why cant it be given another shot somewhere else? I dont get Johnny Rockets I vote replace it with Seaview but oops! Thats right! Rockets adds revenue where seaview was free but a great place to dine!...:p

Thanks for all of your responses. We'll be on Serenade in September and will visit Seaview as often as possible. Does it ever get really crazy busy or is it such a "secret" that it's never full ?

It varies from cruise to cruise and the time of day you go. I have found that on rainy or cold days it was no where near as busy.

Gina

On Serenade we visited the seaview 3 times. Twice for late lunch when we got back in port and once for a late night snack. We saw many people getting "take out" they even had plastic plate covers to stack the food and keep it hot.

But hurry, they've already taken the Seaview off of Radiance during her May dry dock and as each Radiance class ship goes into drydock for the Royal Advantage make-over, the others will be taken out as well.

:( Is this going to happen on all for sure.:confused:

I plan to sail on Briliance when she comes to San Juan and would hope she does not get the full Royal advantage Radiance got!!

Thanks for all of your responses. We'll be on Serenade in September and will visit Seaview as often as possible. Does it ever get really crazy busy or is it such a "secret" that it's never full ?

It got crazy busy on our transatlantic on the Jewel, to the point that we made our orders "to go" and took them back to our balcony. Kept the nice lids that they put on the plates, too; they came in handy on Windjammer runs for the rest of the cruise.

:( Is this going to happen on all for sure.:confused:

I plan to sail on Briliance when she comes to San Juan and would hope she does not get the full Royal advantage Radiance got!!

When looking at the schedule of upcoming cruises for all ships in the class, Serenade is the only one that shows a break in the schedule. It appears to be out of service for just over 3 weeks in November 2012.

I'm wondering where she will be between Barcelona and Malaga all that time.

I suppose they can change their minds at RCI and plug some cruises into that time slot rather than give her the "royal" makeover. :(

Gina

I think that during the first few days of a cruise, it is less likely to be crowded because, due to its somewhat remote location, many passengers have yet to discover it. Once they do, however, it can sometimes be crowded, especially on sea days. Go early in your cruise and you have the best chance of avoiding the crowds.:)

Out of all of the places I have eaten on all the ships I have cruised on, the Seaview on the Jewel is still my favorite. The staff was so nice...urging us to order more food, very happy to serve us. We went there several times to get food to bring back to the cabin. Never found an item I didnt like there. The chips and dip were great for late night snacking!

We were on the Serenade last Oct. and loved the Seaview. It was great after our port excursions as it doesn't open until 2:00 or 2:30. Got back on the ship and went straight there. Not crowded at all. Later in the day it was really crowded.

We used the Seaview on Serenade several times in Feb. I would really miss the Reuben sandwich (without fries) and I know many people who are fans of the Cuban. My wife really likes the fruit salad. But we used it only as a convenience or treat.

Seaview fans sailing on Radiance need to voice opinion in the post-cruise comments as strongly as possible.

As for Johnny Rockets... we looked at menu at Mall of America and about puked. Carb wrapped grease, starch fried in oil, breaded fried meats, sugary malts and sodas... oh, and a few token salads, with high fat or high sugar dressings. Suggestion... have Jamie Oliver design a venue.

I hate when a good thing gets taken away. In my opinion (and I KNOW that many will not agree with me but don't throw tomatoes) I think they need to do something about Portofino's. The menu is so - not appetizing to me at all. RCCL needs a restaurant / cafe that is a more traditional Italian.

I hate when a good thing gets taken away. In my opinion (and I KNOW that many will not agree with me but don't throw tomatoes) I think they need to do something about Portofino's. The menu is so - not appetizing to me at all. RCCL needs a restaurant / cafe that is a more traditional Italian.

They did that, too. Portofino was replaced by Giovani's.

Archived