Solstice : 1407 or 1231 ??

grayjay

I simply can't decide - help needed!!

Should I choose 1407 ( aft, C1, wider balcony but perhaps more motion, long walk but nice views of the wake) or cabin 1231 ( C2, bigger balcony, midship position, view forward but actually 400 $ more than the C1s at the moment).

How much more motion do you have at the back of a Solstice class ship? Which of the cabins would you choose?

Thanks for your help - much appreciated!!!

I simply can't decide - help needed!!

Should I choose 1407 ( aft, C1, wider balcony but perhaps more motion, long walk but nice views of the wake) or cabin 1231 ( C2, bigger balcony, midship position, view forward but actually 400 $ more than the C1s at the moment).

How much more motion do you have at the back of a Solstice class ship? Which of the cabins would you choose?

Thanks for your help - much appreciated!!!

I'm surprised, usually the C1's are more expensive. Need more information to provide you a recommendation. How long is the cruise? Is it $400 per person or $400 per stateroom?

The C1's on S-Class ships are nice if you like to watch the wake, but the balcony is a standard size, whereas 1231 had the huge (largest) balcony on the angle. Additionally 1231 is in the most convenient area on the ship as far as I'm concerned - right near the mid-ships bank of 8 elevators -- up to the buffet, and down to the dining areas/martini bar.

I would go with 1231, I was in CS 1233 recently (which is actually the largest balcony on the hump) 1231 has a deeper balcony than most other Concierge rooms. The location was excellent, and glass doors separate the library and elevators from the cabin hallway.

The C1 cabins are cheaper because of a senior discount right now. I'm on the verge of deciding against the aft cabins, because it will be rather late in fall, and as far as I could see in the picture of "Solstice" the balconies are not covered - I wouldn't like to sit in the rain and watch the wake...:rolleyes:

I'm considering category 1A as well, just one floor down from Sky deck and there are cabins on the hump to be had as well.That means a big balcony, too, minus the Concierge class perks but a lot of $$$ I can save for a later cruise!

Difficult decisions ....:confused::confused::confused: I wouldn't hesitate to take the C1 if it was the M-class, but I have not sailed on the bigger ships, yet.

I can't say how much I appreciate all the help I have got here - two years ago I would never have thought that cruising can be so addictive!

Archived