Newbie questions regarding luggage and drinks

msheep

1. I plan to bring on a few bottles of water/soda on board, I want to put them in a 24” suitcase and bring both the suitcase and my purse on board as my carry on. I measured my suitcase and it’s exactly 24” tall and about 15.5” width, however, it looks a lot bigger than those wheeled carry on suitcase I saw people used as carry on.

Will they let me carry on my suitcase? Or will they think it’s too large and ask me to check it in? I don’t want to check it in because I don’t want to put the heavy water bottle in my purse. We don’t plan to board until 1PM, so maneuvering the suitcase as carry on is not a problem for us.

I know Carnival Carry on size is limited to 16" by 24", and no limit to length, as long as it fits into the scanner. Will they actually measure it if they think it’s too large, or they just don’t care and will ask you to check it in if they THINK they’re too big?

Anyone had experience bringing on 24” suitcase as carry on?

2. Can I order other drinks (ex: Kiss on the Lips or Daiquiri) in a souvenir glass? Does anyone know how much they charge, or do they just charge an additional $2 for the glass?

3. Can I refill the souvenir glass with other drinks (ex: Virgin drinks or Kiss on the Lips or Daiquiri)? Does anyone know how much they charge for refilling in a sourvenir glass?

Thanks a lot in advance.

1. I plan to bring on a few bottles of water/soda on board, I want to put them in a 24” suitcase and bring both the suitcase and my purse on board as my carry on. I measured my suitcase and it’s exactly 24” tall and about 15.5” width, however, it looks a lot bigger than those wheeled carry on suitcase I saw people used as carry on.

Will they let me carry on my suitcase? Or will they think it’s too large and ask me to check it in? I don’t want to check it in because I don’t want to put the heavy water bottle in my purse. We don’t plan to board until 1PM, so maneuvering the suitcase as carry on is not a problem for us.

I know Carnival Carry on size is limited to 16" by 24", and no limit to length, as long as it fits into the scanner. Will they actually measure it if they think it’s too large, or they just don’t care and will ask you to check it in if they THINK they’re too big?

Anyone had experience bringing on 24” suitcase as carry on?

2. Can I order other drinks (ex: Kiss on the Lips or Daiquiri) in a souvenir glass? Does anyone know how much they charge, or do they just charge an additional $2 for the glass?

3. Can I refill the souvenir glass with other drinks (ex: Virgin drinks or Kiss on the Lips or Daiquiri)? Does anyone know how much they charge for refilling in a sourvenir glass?

Thanks a lot in advance.

1. DW and I bring a couple of 6-packs of 24 ounce Diet Mt. Dew on every cruise in our carry-ons, never been measured on a problem getting on board.

2. Drinks of the Day come in the souvenir glasses, and you can ask for other drinks in souvenir glasses. I think the cost is $8.95 after they include 15 percent tip.

3. As I remember, If you reuse souvenir glass you get $1 off.

Have fun.

Carnival doesn't limit the number of bags you can carry on and the only restriction is that it fit through a standard size xray machine like would be found at an airport.

I believe Kiss on the Lips and Daquari's are going to be a DOD selection, but although the glass can be reused for other DODs on subsequent days they will not mix a non-DOD in that size glass.

a con about carrying so much when you board-cabins are not ready until 1:30 so you will be carrying all that stuff until then.

Arriving at the pier at 1pm is when MOST everyone else will be arriving- this is the most crowdest of the times to arrive.

Documents state to arrive between 1-2pm- people who do not read cruise critic show up when the documents tell them to

Archived