Money Bar info?

Darlene

Does anyone have information about the Money Bar? Is the snorkeling good right from the beach there? Or are we better off taking a "snorkel tour"? I also have heard that the current is very strong near the Money Bar. Any comments? Does it get crowded in the afternoon? I would appreciate ALL info and/or comments. :confused:

Darlene

Great snorkeling - some of the tour boats drop off right off the coast from the Money bar. Currents vary with the weather and the tides. Not crowded, good food and reasonably priced drinks. Good luck! :)

Does anyone have information about the Money Bar? Is the snorkeling good right from the beach there? Or are we better off taking a "snorkel tour"? I also have heard that the current is very strong near the Money Bar. Any comments? Does it get crowded in the afternoon? I would appreciate ALL info and/or comments. :confused:

Darlene

Hi Darlene. We went snorkeling at the Money Bar last year. It's nice because you don't have to commit a whole or half day if you just want to get out in the water and see some fish. Some of the boat snorkeling excursions will stop near the Money Bar and you can get close enough to see their guide feeding the fish.

Also, the price is good. Buy some food and rent any gear you need and it's less than the price of a tour via boat. And, they actually make a pretty good burger as well.

It's not very far from the pier and easy to reach via taxi or rental car. We have stopped there for a while and then continued on to beach clubs for more of a sandy beach experience.

Mike

Archived