Whidbey Island help

If you'll just Google "Whidbey Pies Cafe," you'll get lots of review, and they make it sound like a great stop on a wonderful Island.

I used to live on Whidbey Island, but it was way before Whidbey Pies opened. I took my husband on a tour of the Island several years ago, and it's sure changed a lot. Have fun!

if you are adventureous....you can take public transport from town (switching buses twice), then ride the ferry, and catch the free bus up the island and get off at greenbank..it is a short walk across the highway and down the hill to greenbank farms. there is an art gallery there and shops. good walking trails on the old farm.

another great cafe is at the keystone ferry. homemade food--catch their own fish...wonderful. and near ft casey...great exhibits at the lighthouse.

my mother in law lives a mile from the greenbank farm..so it is home territory.

otherwise..rent a car---if it is a weekday. takes 2 hours to drive from airport. there is also an airport shuttle from whidbey to seatac.

Thank you for the info. We will have our vehicle in seattle as we will have been on vacation for 30 days on the west coast previous to this cruise and will drive up from there. I will check the one at keystone out as well..

if you are adventureous....you can take public transport from town (switching buses twice), then ride the ferry, and catch the free bus up the island and get off at greenbank..it is a short walk across the highway and down the hill to greenbank farms. there is an art gallery there and shops. good walking trails on the old farm.

another great cafe is at the keystone ferry. homemade food--catch their own fish...wonderful. and near ft casey...great exhibits at the lighthouse.

my mother in law lives a mile from the greenbank farm..so it is home territory.

otherwise..rent a car---if it is a weekday. takes 2 hours to drive from airport. there is also an airport shuttle from whidbey to seatac.

Haven't been in a couple of years, but second the cafe at the Keystone ferry. In Coupeville we've enjoyed the rustic Kead & Feed in Langley, the Cafe Langley,

Have enjoyed walking the bluff along the sound side, the Fort Eby area.

DH and I are thinking of driving through that area on our way home, to Alberta, from Vancouver (Alaska, Aug. 2011). Any suggestions for where to stay? We'd really like waterfront. Thanks for any suggestions.

Archived