Recent Med cruise on Equinox?

nancy anne

Has anyone recently been on the Equinox with a stop in Naples? If so, did you have to tender or was it docked? The itinerary shows Naples as a tendering port. I remember that on a RCCL ship we docked in Naples

Thanks--Nancy

go and check with your TA... as far as I know, the stop in Naples has been transferred to Salerno. At least they changed it for my upcoming cruise on Equinox in Aug.

But I am sure that somebody will correct me if I am wrong..... :p

Greetings

critical-c

Naples is generally a docking port, but the dock only has so many berths. If many ships are in port at the same time, some have to drop anchor in the harbor and tender in.

It should say on the intinerary for your cruise posted on the website. They plan well in advance for these ports and will know whether they will have to tender or not and will indicate that on the published intinerary. The situation may change, but I've never had a deviation from what was posted for any of my cruises.

Yes, I was just on the Equinox and Naples was a tendering port due to the large number of ships using the piers that day. The fact that it was a tender port for us was documented in the online confirmation as well as the welcome aboard itinerary listing we got in our room. However, Mykonos had been listed as a tender port as well and we ended up docking. So it just depends on how busy the port is and what the cruise line can negotiate.

Michael

Just off Equinox; about a week before departure, we were notified that we would dock in Salerno rather than Naples due to a berthing conflict in Naples. We all had time to re-arrange tours and it worked fine as far as I could tell. It's a tight fit in/out of that dock and it was fun to watch Captain Michael maneuver it.

Archived