Closest Car rental at POM or walk/shuttle to facility?

bb2

We have a late flight out of Fort Lauderdale and would like to rent a car for the day after we disembark at POM.

I'm wondering what the closest car rental facility to POM would be and if any of the companies have a shuttle or if the off site locations are walkable from the Pier. I prefer not having to go back to the airport for a rental.

I appreciate your suggestions - thanks

We have a late flight out of Fort Lauderdale and would like to rent a car for the day after we disembark at POM.

I'm wondering what the closest car rental facility to POM would be and if any of the companies have a shuttle or if the off site locations are walkable from the Pier. I prefer not having to go back to the airport for a rental.

I appreciate your suggestions - thanks

The closest rental car offices are in downtown Miami. Some have a shuttle or a taxi can get you to one for about $15 or less.

Both Avis and Hertz have downtown Miami locations, about a $10+ cab ride from POM; some others will shuttle you to the MIA car rental facility (Dollar? Thrifty? The reports are confusing :confused:).

Good luck! :)

Both Avis and Hertz have downtown Miami locations, about a $10+ cab ride from POM; some others will shuttle you to the MIA car rental facility (Dollar? Thrifty? The reports are confusing :confused:).

Good luck! :)

I know Thrifty has a shuttle because I reserved a minivan for our POM to FLL return and called the office directly to confirm the shuttle and that they will take all 5 of us and was told once you get to customs, call them and the shuttle will come to take everyone in our party to their location.

Archived