Airport to Ship?

I was wondering how do most people get from the airport to the ship?

Carnival charges $35.00pp each way. Is there a cheaper way to go?;)

Most likely there is a cheaper way to go. People rent cars, take taxis, hire their own private shuttle/limo services. My family and I personally use Carnival's transportation. It's convinient for us & gives us a peace of mind since we don't have to research different places and plan.

If we come in the day of the cruise (which is not often anymore), we usually get a cab. It's usually cheaper than the Carnival shuttle and you don't have to wait for the shuttle to fill up. But you didn't say what port you are leaving from (and what airport).:confused:

I'm taking a taxi from Miami airport to Port of Miami. I was told it's $24 (plus tip). For a family of four, that is cheaper for me to do. It's also quicker as I wouldn't have to wait around for the Carnival bus to arrive, fill up, etc.

We are flying into Orlando and leaving Port Canveral.

your best (and probably least expensive) option would be a one way car rental. most of the agencies (budget, avis) have locations right near the port that offer free shuttles to and from the port to their locations. its about and hours drive from orlando to port canaveral.

We are flying into Orlando and leaving Port Canveral.

We decided we didn't want to deal with renting & returning a car, so we are hiring a van for 7 people. Total cost is $100 dollars each way. Much cheaper than carnival, but we are 7 people.

We did this twice. Rented from Thrifty at MCO (Orlando) airport and dropped off car in Port Canaveral. They shuttle you to ship. Did the reverse after the cruise and Thrifty shuttle was there waiting for us. Drove to Orlando and went to outlet mall before heading back to airport.

Best bet is to do two one-way rentals - one from the airport to Port Canaveral, and then a second one from Port Canaveral to the airport. Make sure to build in time for traffic - the Beachline (SR 528) is under construction!

If you can afford to, I'd fly in the day before and stay at a hotel on Cocoa Beach that offers complimentary shuttle service to the port. The Ports of Call - Florida forum would be a great place to check out.

Best of luck whatever you decide to do!

Only used Carnival once out of Miami. Cruise was changed to Fort Lauderdale and that turned into a nighmare. I've been out of most Carnival ports and simply google airport transportation for a particular city. I ALWAYS save at least half of what Carnival charges. If you find a service you are interested in post on CC and ask if others have had a good experience with them.

We always come in a day ahead so we rent a car so we can do whatever we want that day. In Port Canaveral we just returned it to the rental agency near our hotel and took their shuttle to the port. At FLL we dropped all our stuff off at the port and returned the car to the airport however we didn't feel like waiting for the rental shuttle to port so we grabbed a cab. I think it all depends on where you're cruising from, but after my one and only Carnival shuttle experience back in 2001 I can assure you I wouldn't use them again, too many other reasonable options out there.

Archived