Oceania VS Celebrity

nmeola

So what about entertainment??

We enjoy shows and a good band--not ball room dancing ,etc.

THANKS FRANK

It depends on your tastes

They are usually 1 performer shows other than the Oceania entertainment team

You could have classical musicians, comedians, magic acts...you just never know

Sometimes the house band is very good sometimes just OK

There is a string quartet that play during afternoon tea as well as early evening before the show

Lyn

R class ship. We get very special treatment on Celebrity, but overall, I think Oceania is better. The food on both to me is way too salty, so we eat in the specialty restaurants. The problem with Oceania is that they restrict you to two times each in the specialty restaurants. However, when my eyes became swollen shut from the salt, they let me eat in them the rest of the trip. On Celebrity we always go to the specialty restaurants and pay if necessary. We DO NOT LIKE to play dress up, although we both dress in a very elegant manner. We do not, NOT like formal nights. Therefore Oceania is much better in that regard. They have drop dead gorgeous ships. No question.

I have been on 5 Celebrity cruises ranging from 4 day caribbean to 15 day Australia/New Zealand. And I just got back from the Baltic Treasures cruise on Marina. I had been hearing about how wonderful Oceania Cruises were forever and I must say I was a little disappointed. Perhaps my expectations were too high but I am not sure i would say that Oceania was worth the considerable extra expense. Food was good but not spectacular. I don't think service was as good as what i had experienced on Celebrity. Pluses for Oceania - (especially for my husband!) -- no formal nights and open seating. Pluses for Celebrity - much better internet, much better entertainment, and I think friendlier people.

That all said i guess it depends on your personality and your priorities.

The food on both to me is way too salty, so we eat in the specialty restaurants.

Why not just ask them for sodium free meals?

Your TA can add the request to your file then just confirm with the Maitre'd

I got the menu in the morning checked off what I wanted for dinner ...when I went to dinner I told the waiter I had a special meal/cabin # ...no problem

no or low sodium meals served

Lyn

Instead of good/better/best or whatever, I tend to categorize ships in terms of how picky people are on the Boards - a sort of food chain approach. Click through some postings at the top echelon, & you'll get an idea of what I mean.

In a top of the food chain line I just counted 20 postings on whole wheat buns in the grill. This is mild for that board, & after a single sailing I determined that once was enough, as my taste is just not discriminating enough.

Although THAT line will remain unnamed & without future bookings from me (as a baby boomer my fervor for ballroom dancing has never run to a high pitch) I LOVED Seabourn as everything about it was right. Problem - I can't often afford Seabourn, & Oceania is absolutely a wonderful substitute. The food & service are great & the destinations on O are terrific. We love Oceania & will enthusiastically book again & again.

Archived