Seaquarium/Beach

ccrtexas

Can someone explain the "layout" at the seaquarium. I was looking at a web site......experiencecuracao dot com and they show three little videos on the map page for the Seaquarium. Two are of the aquarium and one is of the beach with a restaurant/bar and swimming pool.

My question....is that restaurant/bar and swimming pool AT the seaquarium or do you have to walk to get to it???

If you use the restaurant can you use the pool?

We will be there in Nov and we thought that after we toured the aquarium we could leave my mom at the restaurant while we used the beach.

Thanks

Ann

Godley TX

The restaurant/bar with pool you are looking at is the Lion's Dive Hotel. Only hotelguests can use their pools (they have 2), but no one will say anything if you use the beach.

Should you be interested in a day-pass, I can ask at the hotel for you whether they do this. I know Breezes hotel has a day-pass.

The Seaquarium beach is rather long (morphing into Mambo Beach and then Cabana Beach) so there will be plenty of seats in the shade for your Mom.

Have a great time on Curacao!

The restaurant/bar with pool you are looking at is the Lion's Dive Hotel. Only hotelguests can use their pools (they have 2), but no one will say anything if you use the beach.

Should you be interested in a day-pass, I can ask at the hotel for you whether they do this. I know Breezes hotel has a day-pass.

The Seaquarium beach is rather long (morphing into Mambo Beach and then Cabana Beach) so there will be plenty of seats in the shade for your Mom.

Have a great time on Curacao!

Isa65...thanks for clearing that up. If you know someone at Lions Dive Hotel I would be interested in a day pass. How far is that from the seaquarium?

Is there some place else that you can think of that would have a restaurant/bar/pool at the beach that I could consider?

We have been to the island many times but dont remember much about the beaches.

Thanks

Ann

Godley TX

We've been here many times.......we were just there last month. I prefer the more quiet area at the Lion's Dive. We always get the taxi driver to drop us off there and we walk through the resort. Have never thought to even ask about a day pass. I don't think they do that. The beach there is not very long and each beach bar area runs into the next one. The chairs are more expensive at the Lion's Dive area......$9 each as opposed to $3 each at the other areas. I prefer to pay the higher price because it it less crowded and most of the kids are down at the other end where the water toys are. I prefer a quiet, more relaxing atmosphere. There is plenty of natural shade. Here are some pictures from last month......

SerenadeoftheSeasJune-July2011792.jpg

SerenadeoftheSeasJune-July2011790.jpg

SerenadeoftheSeasJune-July2011819.jpg

SerenadeoftheSeasJune-July2011496.jpg

SerenadeoftheSeasJune-July2011515.jpg

This is looking toward Mambo Beach and the more crowded area......

SerenadeoftheSeasJune-July2011495.jpg

Jane...thanks for the pics. Did you eat lunch at the resort when you were there?

I read your review from your B2B a few weeks ago (and last years). I smiled when I saw your pictures. We did the Serenade last November and stayed in the royal suite. Had a lot of fun on top of that piano;););). Maria was also our concierge.

Ann

Godley TX

I have never been to Curacao, but will be there in April 2012. I am looking at booking a Dolphin swim with the Dolphin Academy for three of us. Can someone tell me what the Dolphin Academy fee covers? I have read that the fee also covers admission to the Seaquarium and now I see that there is a beach near by. In short, what can I expect to be able to do if I book with the Dolphin Academy?

Jane...thanks for the pics. Did you eat lunch at the resort when you were there?

I read your review from your B2B a few weeks ago (and last years). I smiled when I saw your pictures. We did the Serenade last November and stayed in the royal suite. Had a lot of fun on top of that piano;););). Maria was also our concierge.

Ann

Godley TX

Ann......glad you enjoyed the review. I have a lot of fun doing those!

There is a small place real near by on the beach that has food.....hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken, etc.....lots of things. It's pretty good and very convenient. It's right beside the bar.

bbiggar.....You can see the ship from the beach. It's no more than a 10 minute taxi ride. If you look real closely in one of my pictures, you can see it. Taxi's are readily available when you want to leave. There are restroom facilities right beside the place for food and near the bar area. Everything is very conveniently located.

coprgeorge....I'm afraid I don't know much about the Dolphin Academy. But everything is right there. I would think that you would be able to have a great day there.

Max's Mom: Hi! Loved your pictures. We will be going to Curacao next July (2012). This is our first time to the southern Caribbean and it is sort of a dream cruise for us.

What was the area with the water toys? Our group of 13 (now may be 17) will have some people (ages 16 to 50 somethings) who want some play time. Any information you can supply will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Melinda......I believe down at the oppostite end from the Aquarium is the beach that has some water toys, etc. and there are more kids that hang out there.

Vivki.....It is easy to get a taxi just at the end of the pier. Us dollars are accepted and it is very easy to get a taxi back to the ship. It is cheaper if you share a taxi with someone. That is also very easy to do.

Archived