Fascination Past Cruisers - Info. Please

my3kids

yeah - I would like to know that too? I am assuming they will tell us when we get there..............

When are you cruising? We are 4/11.

i so can NOT wait!!!!!!!!!! Have you found out what cabin you are in?

We are in V20 - I think....or so far anyway.

We're on the same ship on 4/11. Did you get your docks yet? We didn't. I guess Carnival is last minute. We are without our three kids too. They are all out of college and out of our pockets [sort of]. we are flying into Fort Lauderdale from Chicago. We are spending two extra days in south beach. Our 10th cruise. I'm sure you will fall in love with cruising. Don't pay any attention to negative reviews. Read between the lines. Never had a bad cruise, just some were better than others. All were great! You are on the veranda deck. Way up there with the big spenders. Great place to be. That's why they fill up so fast. Have a great cruise!

yeah - I would like to know that too? I am assuming they will tell us when we get there..............

When are you cruising? We are 4/11.

i so can NOT wait!!!!!!!!!! Have you found out what cabin you are in?

We are in V20 - I think....or so far anyway.

Sorry I didn't post sooner, busy with the holiday week and such. We are in room R215 & R219. Inside, riviera deck. We were just trying to get the best deal, and these cabins got us a military discount:D.

We just got our docs Thursday. I'm so excited! It feels like it made it official! And all this nice weather we have been having makes me want to be on a beach somewhere even more!

Great - you were on this one recently!! How was the food? And what cabin where you in - on what deck? We have an IS - we sail in 20 - wow 20!! - days and have not got our assignment yet......... that is ok - broom closet - deck chair - could not care - we are on that boat!!!!!!!

How was service? Do you remember anything about the shows? Any cool spots on the ship you found to hang out that were a little less "busy" than others? Age of co-cruisers? Gosh I am dying for details here..........I have found so little info on this ship and am just very curious!!;)

Thanks again

I am so sorry it took me so long to get back here. I was in outer space or somewhere!! Food was not too bad. Typical. I liked the buffet food on this sailing better than my first. We were spoiled, we were in V3...Cat 11. Awesome. I've never stayed in an inside, but we had friends on the Fascination on Upper deck inside, and they're fine. Plenty of space...how many do you have in there? We saw the comedian, and he was so-so. None of the other shows did we see. If you enjoy beverages on Lido....find RAM. He's a waiter/server by the pool bar and is FABULOUS!! He remembered our names the first day there and never forgot. My husband and I are in our late 20's. We met some other CC'ers on a roll call that were in their mid 30's. So mostly in that age range. The Lido party after cozumel is a RIOT. Don't worry too too much about the ships in Coz, they spread out. Although I can imagine Carlos and Charlies and Fat Tuesday's will be mobbed at the end of the trip, but most ships sail before 10. Again, I'm sorry for my nap I took on you. Space Cadet! Have a great trip!

Went on Fascination this past year. A must not miss is the galley tour. I beleive it was on the last day. The tour was nice & even gave you samples of food that the chef's were making that were not served at any time on board the ship during our sail. The chicken dish we sampled was out of this world!

We'll be on the 4 day on 5/9, and just had a question about the dining hours on the Cozumel day. We'll be on a Carnival excursion from 5:30 til 9 pm, and was hoping we might be able to make the dining room. I assume since it's a late port day they will have open seating for dinner, could anyone verify this and what the times were? Thanks! (I know we could probably go to Lido deck, but I love the dining room food)

In Cozumel I like to go to Chankanab Park. It's about a $10 cab ride and $10 admission. There's reasonable snorkeling, a park with recreated ruins, etc. For extra fees there is a dolphin encounter, sea lion encounter, helmet dive, etc.

We will be travelling with our tribe of teenagers and their friends. 6 teenagers on a cruise ship for 5 days. At least they can all keep themselves amused while we have our own fun. We're hoping to meet a nice couple to enjoy the cruise with and enjoy the down time from the kids

Hi,

We (my mom and I) will also be crusing May 2-6 on Fascination. It's her 50th birthday.

I started a roll call but didn't find many takers. Only one other person who is travelling in a group of 8 has responded.

It's always fun to know someone on the ship!

Feel free to contact us via email. CapeMayCpl@yahoo.com. It would be nice to know some adults before getting on the ship and have some fun without kids.

I have a group of 8 ranging from 21-50. We are going without our children, well with the exception of the older ones in our group, they are our parents. :D

I sailed on the Fascination last August. A really nice ship! I had a ball! It was my "first time" too. Best places to hang out is the top deck. Lots of mini parties up there and great drinks too! Also, check out the karioke room. (Hope I spelled that right) Lots of fun and you become a "family" of sorts and look forward to going every night! They have a contest at the end of the cruise too! But my advice to those going on their first cruise is this: You're gonna love it! And go with someone you LOVE! This way, wherever you are on the ship, you'll be in a great place! Have fun and let me know how you enjoyed your trip.;)

ymelancon - Thank you for your insight.any fave foods or yummy things you "gotta" get?

How about the shows? We would love to see a comedian, or something like that? Just curious!:p

As far as food is concerned, I really didn't eat much outside of the dining room. (Why? I was having so much fun!) Breakfast, lunch and dinner in the formal dining room is fabulous. Try the smoked salmon and caviar!! You'll definitely want to have some wine with dinner. You can order by the glass or bottle. But go ahead and treat yourself and have a bottle. Lunchtime the room isn't as crowded and you may luck out like I did and have a table for just the two of you. (Remember, take someone you love--smile) When you get to Cozumel, the local pubs right off the pier are great. Have a nice cold beer (because the weather will be hot!!!) or a cold mexican drink. The food isn't bad either. But believe me, you won't be doing too much eating. Especially if you're having a good time at the bar! (smile)

Feel free to contact us via email. CapeMayCpl@yahoo.com. It would be nice to know some adults before getting on the ship and have some fun without kids.

OK, I'll be an adult on this cruise. :D

Seriously, my son wont be travelling on this cruise with my mom and I. She is turning 50 (cruise is my gift to her) and I am her 33 year old adult ...I mean kid. :)

I will miss him dearly, but he will be cruising with me on Triumph on 7 May so I will get a vacation with him too!!

After a couple tequilas you'll be thinking "I have a kid?" As much as we love ours, it's so nice that they are of age to do their own thing and give us a break. All of them being teenagers keeps ***** in business. But the last cruise that we took, we hardly saw them and they had a blast having their own freedom. Until I caught my 16 year old in the bar with her 18 year old sister's drink card. I just sooooo had to embarrass her in the bar. Last time she went in there the rest of the cruise. I told the bartender that she was 14 :D

But it was so hard to meet anyone on the last cruise to party with. Hopefully this one will be different

Hi again. I see you were on Explorer last year. We went on Explorer in April 04. We had a blast. Loved the ship and sometimes didn't even realize we were moving. She was beautiful!!

Yeah...I'm up for a tequila or two or three...

I'm looking forward to having a good time.

Two teenage girls!! OMG...I don't know what I'd do if I had girls. I can remember some stunts I pulled myself so I can imagine that they can give you a run for your money!!! I'm sure they are really both good girls though.;)

My son is a teenager in waiting....I'll get my turn.:D

Actually we have 4, count them 1,2,3,4 teenage girls. 14, 17, 17, and 19. My only saving grace is my 22 year old son. Only 3 of the girls will be on the cruise, with friends so it will be 5 girls and one of their boyfriends. I don't think that there's enough tequila in Mexico to get me through this LOL

Actually I don't drink, yet, but my wife can lay them down after a few hours with the kids. We hope we get to meet you to at least say hi

Mike & Sara

• 2 weeks later...

On the ship, the piano bar was a fun hangout (not too crowded).

In Key West, you can spend hardly any money and do your own thing - no problem. Just walk down Duval Street where all the shopping and restaurants are. Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville is always fun. The Hemingway house is nice if you are into historical sites. The trolley tour is easy for those who don't want to walk around all day. If you like exercise, rent some bikes and ride around. Key West is just kind of a "roam around and see the sites, eat and shop" kind of port (unless you go diving).

There is so much to do in Cozumel, it can be hard to decide. I have most enjoyed the trips to Playa Sol - a little beach area with pools, bars, water toys, etc. It is very relaxing and not crowded. You can get there in a cab and then pay to get in (cheap). The drinks are safe there! There are tons of beaches like this in Cozumel. Carlos and Charlies is a must for late night if you are a party person! The shopping in Cozumel is ridiculous because they hawk you to death! Not worth it to me - I like to shop in peace.

Hope this helps a bit.

We sail on the Fascination one week from tomorrow!! Our first cruise. This board has been so, so, so, helpful - much more so than our TA who is non-existent.!!

We will be in South Beach 3 days prior to departure, first time there to - should be a nice pre-cruise time.

Wooo -woooo!!!

Can't believe cruise time is almost here. May 2 can't come fast enough.

Mike & Sara

We're on May 2nd too. Going to Miami on the 1st. You are right, it can't come fast enough!!!!

There are a couple teenage boys in our group of 34.............. they'll be glad to know there are G I R L S.

Our first cruise. This board has been so, so, so, helpful - much more so than our TA who is non-existent.!!

We will be in South Beach 3 days prior to departure, first time there to - should be a nice pre-cruise time.

Wooo -woooo!!!

I hope you have a wonderful time...I really did enjoy the Fascination, despite several poor opinions here. And South Beach! We went for one day....I could've stayed there all week! Except it's EXPENSIVE! lol

Thanks Laura -

We got very, very, very lucky - not really knowing how expensive things were there - we made our hotel reservations in January staying at Holiday Inn South Miami Beach. We paid $109 per night. They are now asking between $179 and $199 a nights. My cousin's daughter is getting married at The Palms Hotel (so we won't have to spend money on food that day!). Can't wait!!!

Archived