Capnpugwash is finishing his season of crossings July 20 2011

capnpugwash

I too enjoyed your posts. We have friends we met on the maiden voyage of the Queen Elizabeth who traveling on the November Back to back TA you are doing. We are meeting them in Brooklyn for lunch. Perhaps we will see you then as you disembark for one of your excursions in between voyages. Like others, I do hope to meet you some day. Looking forward to further accounts in the future. Thanks again.

I would also like to express my gratitude for your posts Cap'n. Well and truly a great read.

I also tip my hat to you as someone who loves enjoyment, hearing of your wee hour visits to G32, hours past my bedtime, is heartwarming. To know that people are out laughing, dancing and carrying on gives me hope for mankind!

I anxiously await your next journey, you tell it as if we all friends gathered round the pub bar...

Jim, I join with previous posters in thanking you for sharing your voyages with us. I know it not easy to post while at sea, and it is even more difficult to share personal experinences. You have been very helpful and generous in answering questions.

I understand and appreciate your love for QM2. And while we disagree on certain issues (most especially relating to CDC Inspection Reports), I think we can both agree that QM2 is a wonderful ship with a hard working staff.

Best wishes,

Salacia

Jim, I join with previous posters in thanking you for sharing your voyages with us. I know it not easy to post while at sea, and it is even more difficult to share personal experinences. You have been very helpful and generous in answering questions.

I understand and appreciate your love for QM2. And while we disagree on certain issues (most especially relating to CDC Inspection Reports), I think we can both agree that QM2 is a wonderful ship with a hard working staff.

Best wishes,

Salacia

CDC ratings notwithstanding, I always do enjoy Queen Mary 2. I, too, feel that the Capn's musings may be useful to potential guests. How fortunate CrusieCritic is to have such a veritable font of knowledge in CPW.

CDC ratings notwithstanding, I always do enjoy Queen Mary 2. I, too, feel that the Capn's musings may be useful to potential guests. How fortunate CrusieCritic is to have such a veritable font of knowledge in CPW.

Hi Bobby. Once again, please forgive my ignorance, but what does "veritable font of knowledge in CPW" mean?

Where I live, CPW means Central Park West, but I am fairly certain that was not your meaning.

Best wishes from a befuttled

Salacia

Hi Bobby. Once again, please forgive my ignorance, but what does "veritable font of knowledge in CPW" mean?

Where I live, CPW means Central Park West, but I am fairly certain that was not your meaning.

Best wishes from a befuttled

Salacia

CPW... Captain_Pug_Wash

Now you can be unbefuddled!

Capn,

Always enjoy your wonderful reports! I've just booked 3 TA's, the first of which will be a Westbound TA in November (followed by a back-to-back TA May 29th to come celebrate the Diamond Jubilee). I have you to thank for the inspiration. And, of course, the lovely MissFrankieCat (did I spell that right?), for the encouragement to do a TA when we enjoyed almost a week of wonderful dinners on board in July. My father and have told so many people about our wonderful table mates!

And while I have the ears/eyes of so many of you who were SO helpful to me and my father in giving such wonderful advice on my seemingly endless questions prior to my first trip: may I say that my trip in July on the QM2 FAR exceeded even my highest hopes. She was everything I wanted her to be, and more. And I thank all of you from the bottom of my heart for the wonderful words of wisdom and advice to help me to "navigate" my first trip. I enjoyed meeting some of you on the ship, and look forward to meeting more in trips to come!

And, of course, Capn, I do look forward to the day I can sit on the ship and enjoy a meal with you in person... Just as I look forward to seeing the lovely MissFrankieCat again, either on board or during one of my upcoming trips to London!

Henry

Capn,

Always enjoy your wonderful reports! I've just booked 3 TA's, the first of which will be a Westbound TA in November (followed by a back-to-back TA May 29th to come celebrate the Diamond Jubilee). I have you to thank for the inspiration. And, of course, the lovely MissFrankieCat (did I spell that right?), for the encouragement to do a TA when we enjoyed almost a week of wonderful dinners on board in July. My father and have told so many people about our wonderful table mates!

And while I have the ears/eyes of so many of you who were SO helpful to me and my father in giving such wonderful advice on my seemingly endless questions prior to my first trip: may I say that my trip in July on the QM2 FAR exceeded even my highest hopes. She was everything I wanted her to be, and more. And I thank all of you from the bottom of my heart for the wonderful words of wisdom and advice to help me to "navigate" my first trip. I enjoyed meeting some of you on the ship, and look forward to meeting more in trips to come!

And, of course, Capn, I do look forward to the day I can sit on the ship and enjoy a meal with you in person... Just as I look forward to seeing the lovely MissFrankieCat again, either on board or during one of my upcoming trips to London!

Henry

Hey - Henry, it was great to meet you and your dad on board too and I hope to bump into you again soon. Are you going to be on the 10.11 (or 11.10 for you Americans!)? I'm still thinking about that one and looking for a good deal.

Hey - Henry, it was great to meet you and your dad on board too and I hope to bump into you again soon. Are you going to be on the 10.11 (or 11.10 for you Americans!)? I'm still thinking about that one and looking for a good deal.

Yes, that's the one that I'll be on. Keep an eye out, and I'm sure you'll find a good deal (hopefully the unfortunate difference between the fares you guys get, and the ones we get over here won't be too too extreme!). There seems to still be quite a number of rooms available on that crossing, and the final payment date (at least for us) is next Friday. So my guess is that there should be some great fire sales and flash fares coming up in September and October for this sailing. Although I know it's the single supplement aspect that kills most great sales. I had originally been looking at coming alone, and in some cases, I was quoted rates that were TRIPLE what the per person sale fares were for booking double. Thankfully I found a friend who really wanted to go, so I was able to book it as a double. But keep an eye out, and hopefully some great deals will pop up!

At least I hope! Would be very fun to see you on board again!!

Yes, that's the one that I'll be on. Keep an eye out, and I'm sure you'll find a good deal (hopefully the unfortunate difference between the fares you guys get, and the ones we get over here won't be too too extreme!). There seems to still be quite a number of rooms available on that crossing, and the final payment date (at least for us) is next Friday. So my guess is that there should be some great fire sales and flash fares coming up in September and October for this sailing. Although I know it's the single supplement aspect that kills most great sales. I had originally been looking at coming alone, and in some cases, I was quoted rates that were TRIPLE what the per person sale fares were for booking double. Thankfully I found a friend who really wanted to go, so I was able to book it as a double. But keep an eye out, and hopefully some great deals will pop up!

At least I hope! Would be very fun to see you on board again!!

Thanks for the tip off re final payment dates. I shall be searching for deals after next week ends and onwards. I have booked the time out in my diary to fit in the trip if it gets cheap enough to combine with a business trip to NY I have to do anyway so it's all down to playing 'chicken' with Cunard's UK pricing policies!

Archived