Valor - 8A Balcony Cabins

tmcraine

I have a cabin question. I'm booked on the valor for the 5/8 eastern cruise. My original booking with TA was on upper deck 6 cabin number 6273-balcony. The TA just informed me that has changed - I'm now booked Cat 8C, Veranda deck room 8404 balcony. Is this an upgrade? I likesd the Cat 8A on upper deck 6 - we were outside the elevators with a cabin above us, now I see the restaurants are above us. I've been reading these boards and everyone says check to see what's above you - if it's a restaurant you will never sleep. Please help me...I'm a first time cruiser and not sure what is better. I also heard stay lower because I get sea sick. I feel my TA is not and has not handled my booking well (another story for another time) HELP!!!!!! Whats the difference with A-B-C?:confused:

You go from 8A to an 8 C your new cabin is 3 doors away fromt he aft stairs elevators. Your cabin is located under the lido deck but not the service line where the food is served-- you are under tables--so you should be fine. You wont even have to wait for an elevator - just run up one flight of steps to grab your coffee in teh morning. I think is a good upgrade.

But if you picked the last cabin and that is what you want-- then you can tell your agent to give it back and fight all you can for it.

I'm booking a guaranteed balcony. I have a choice between a category 8A or a 8B for $100 more per person. Do people with guaranteed balcony get upgraded?

booking a bal gauarantee- your cabin can be anywhere as long as it has a balcony. Some people get upgrades- some dont. IF paying that 100pp gives you peace of mind not worrying about being located above the disco or under the dining room then it is money well spent.

Would really depend on which ship- I for one would not want to be located under the Galley-- or the lido deck kitchen== or the room service station.

But stressed for many months about being located on top of a lounge on the Victory and we never heard nothing.

Archived