Skagway - Bus and Rail Tour - Where to sit?

dee66

Hi,

We are taking Chilkoot Charters & Tours Yukon Bus and Rail Tour. We are taking the Bus up from Skagway to emerald lake/Caribou crossing, etc., and the Train down from Frazer. Which side of the bus and train should we sit? I have read conflicting answers so I want to post and see if there is a consensus or if it matters.

Also, we will be on the Coral Princess and docking at the RRF dock in Skagway, Does anyone know the distance from this dock to the security entrance for the dock. I have several elderly people with us and can not walk long distances. Is there a shuttle or golf cart, etc available.

Thanks everyone for the infomation and looking forward to my first cruise next week.

Last week we took the WPYRR from Fraser back to Skagway. I stood at the end of my car almost the complete trip and took pictures and video. In that direction you would want to sit on the right hand side (facing the front of the train). Enjoy

Right side of the van on the way up, right side of the train on the way down. We did this exact tour a few weeks ago. We were on Coral as well, and I recall the distance to where the shuttle picked us up was not far, maybe twice the length of the ship?

One bad thing...we got on the Chilkoot shuttle van, and they took us over to near where the Norwegian Pearl was docked, where we boarded the actual tour van. There were just 5 of us off the Coral, and everybody else was off the Pearl and had already boarded the van. We were last on board, and had no choice on the already full van :(

on the other hand, our train car was practically empty...just the one van load of passengers. So we spread out. And I admit, I also spent nearly the entire ride out on the platform. Its a small platform, but not too many other passengers were interested in being out there.

Archived