Upgrade Poll - something different

Did you get a complimentary upgrade from RC in the past 24 months?  

129 members have voted

1. 1. Did you get a complimentary upgrade from RC in the past 24 months?

• I had never cruised before. I got an upgrade on my first cruise.
    • I had one RC cruise before & was upgraded on my 2nd cruise.
    • I had been on 2 RC cruises & was upgraded on my 3rd.
    • I had been on 3 RC cruises & was upgraded on my 4th.
    • I had been on 4 RC cruises & was upgraded on my 5th.
    • I was Platinum and was upgraded.
    • I was Emerald and was upgraded.
    • I was Diamond and was upgraded.
    • I was Diamond Plus and was upgraded.
    • I was Pinnacle and was upgraded. ;)
    • I was offered an upgrade but turned it down.

Diamond here, who was upgraded from an aft junior suite to a grand suite in April aboard the Navigator of the Seas...and my girlfriend, daughter and i were thrilled, pleased, appreciative, etc.!

I'm sailing solo in a hump D1 aboard the Navigator in December; my cabin has a connecting door...so I'm hoping someone in the cabin adjoining mine will want my cabin, resulting in another upgrade for me! Oh what wishful thinking! Just can't imagine having another grand suite - all to myself!

if people who took the poll feel that an upgrade is more of a possibility if they booked directly with RCCL as opposed to booking with a TA.

Not sure of this is typical but - I’ve had an upgrade in 3 of my last 4 cruises (two in December 2010 and one in January 2011) and all three had a TA involved. (D+ with over 50 credits ( not points) at time of our first EVER RCCL upgrade)

I received a call directly from RCCL for the first December sailing, happened to see the second December cruise upgrade when RCCL sent me an email about my Docs, and received a direct call from RCCL for January cruise . These upgrades we all prior to the changeover from credits to points and the ability to place upgrade preferences on line.

Perhaps others can let you know of this the exception or the norm.

Good luck

M

There was an interesting game that we played, starting with the Mariner ATH cruise, where we booked D-1's and were upgraded to OS's for all three legs. That was over 24 months ago

After that, when we saw a great many suites available on the Mariner, we continued the game, till one day, there were plenty of suites available, but we we not going to be given an upgrade......so paid for it. Carol, we were cruising quite a bit then, and don't have a clue as to dates.:)

We are back to just paying for what type of cabin that we want to cruise, and fairly lowly Pinnacle Club members are not taking chances on upgrades.

Rick

Archived