Want our Verandah Suite to be Sweet!!

Dreamakermom

Can anyone suggest a good cabin/suite for a verandah suite on the Amsterdam? I am looking at the floorplan and am thinking anything in the "A" or "B" area will work, however I thought I would ask you guys b/c alot of times there are glitches to some rooms. We don't need delux or penthouse, just verandah. I just want to try to be prepared and maybe request a couple good suites on the Verandah Deck. Thanks ahead of time.... you guys are pros!!! ;)

The best veranda cabins on Amsterdam are B6225 and B6228.

There are 2 reasons for that:

1. Veranda is bigger and have not only side but also aft view.

2. Cabin is litter bigger as it has hundicapped facilities.

Enjoy your cruise!

Enjoy your cruise!

mvkor,,,,,,

Surely you don't mean someone who doesn't need handicapped facilities should intentionally book a cabin with those modifications which would take it away from someone who needs it?

Our preference is mid-ship located cabin. We don't like when they drop the anchor and/or use thrusters if we are far aft.

We typically book deluxe suites but have been in A and B category cabins and would book something like A6136 or A 6140 because of their central location on the ship. We try only to book port side....matter of habit as Mrs. K gets turned around if we're in starboard cabins. Has absolutely nothing to do with how the ship docks or views from one side or the other, we started in a port side cabin and that's what she likes. :D

Enjoy your cruise!

Actually...we DO happen to have a handicapped person living with us and we are CONSIDERING taking her on the cruise. SO... this was a big help. I am not convinced the cruise is the place for her and also my vacation would not be a vacation. So I do not know what we are doing yet, but IF WE DO decide... now I know!! We may take her on a mini vacation someplace other than unstead water... her balance is very bad.

Thanks guys!! You were great!!! Only other question... is the balcony worth the extra money on the ALaskan cruise??? (I know the answer, it is my DH I amtryingto convince!!!) :eek:

actually...we do happen to have a handicapped person living with us and we are considering taking her on the cruise. So... This was a big help. I am not convinced the cruise is the place for her and also my vacation would not be a vacation. So i do not know what we are doing yet, but if we do decide... Now i know!! We may take her on a mini vacation someplace other than unstead water... Her balance is very bad.

Thanks guys!! You were great!!! Only other question... Is the balcony worth the extra money on the alaskan cruise??? (i know the answer, it is my dh i amtryingto convince!!!) :eek:

absolutely !!!!!!!!!!

Once I have got the handicaped cabin from guarantee and was very happy with it, as it was much bigger.

The 2 aft veranda cabins on R and S class ships (except Roterdam and Veendam) are the best accourding my personal opinion because the vaeranda is bigger (it is important for my family), and the view is fantastic.

For my coming Carribbean cruise on Maasdam I have booked one of these two.

But everybody has his/her personal opinion.

We typically book deluxe suites but have been in A and B category cabins and would book something like A6136 or A 6140 because of their central location on the ship. We try only to book port side....matter of habit as Mrs. K gets turned around if we're in starboard cabins. Has absolutely nothing to do with how the ship docks or views from one side or the other, we started in a port side cabin and that's what she likes. :D

Thank goodness, I'm not the only one! I can only find my way around when we book port side. I wasted entirely too much time and energy heading the wrong direction, and then having to backtrack, the few times we were starboard... :o

Archived