Budget Queen - Advice on a tour

ggto4

This is our 5th Alaskan cruise....RT Seattle...Westerdam...Sept. 2011.

Juneau, Ketchikan, Sitka, Hubbard Glacier. Need a good excursion for Ketchikan and Juneau. Would appreciate any info on specific independents who do great boat tours. Our interest is always with nature, wildlife, etc. We have gone with Capt. Larry and H&M. Anyone else you rec. would be so appreciated. Time is getting short, but this trip popped up on short notice. Thank you so much for all the help you have given us in the past. gg

Let me clarify a point I made re: a independent tour in Juneau and Ketchikan. I was not looking for another trip just like Capt. Larry & H&M. They were both great. Looking for anything on water (no floatplanes this year), that will be spectacular scenery, glaciers, whales, etc. I know you have mentioned a boat tour to the glaciers that was awesome, but never saw the name of the company, or person you were impressed with. gg

Doug....thank you for your reply. Gosh darn it....we are in Juneau from 12-9pm and Ketchikan from 7am - 1 pm. But, I will check out this tour group. gg

You can try contacting Allen Marine who does tours into Tracy Arm and Sawyer Glaciers. They may direct you back to the cruise line to book, however. We were there last week and saw one of their boats at the face of South Sawyer Glacier.

Photo here:

https://picasaweb.google.com/AlaskaTravelFun/AnchorageSummerWinterMiscellaneous#5632983274028303938

You can try contacting Allen Marine who does tours into Tracy Arm and Sawyer Glaciers. They may direct you back to the cruise line to book, however. We were there last week and saw one of their boats at the face of South Sawyer Glacier.

Photo here:

https://picasaweb.google.com/AlaskaTravelFun/AnchorageSummerWinterMiscellaneous#5632983274028303938

Thank you so much for your post. I am about to look into Allen Marine and/or see if our ship has "its" excursions. Loved, loved, loved your pictures. Truly outstanding photos of this beautiful state. Thank you....gg

So glad you liked them. I hope the weather is as good for you as it was for us. Anybody can take a decent photo when the weather is fantastic! We were on another Allen Marine vessel pulling up to Sawyer Glacier that day as they were pulling out and headed to explore a waterfall.

Photo here:

AMAZING photos, Chilkoot!

Archived