Freedom Promenade Rooms - noise?

Are the promenade rooms on the FOS noisy? My mom is booked in a 6th floor cabin and is now concerned that it may have a lot of noise coming up from down below. Also, if you are on the 6th floor, how much can you see on the Promenade? Will she be able to people watch, or is the viewing angle prohibitive?

Thanks!

My son stayed twice on the FOS in a promenade and my first cruise was on the Mariner in a promenade. I really like the cabin for several reasons. No. 1- you pay for an inside room (maybe a little more :rolleyes:) but you have a window to look out of. (for those of us who are claustrophobic that is a big plus) No.2 - great place to watch the parades from (and people watch) We have never experienced any noise but you might want to check what is under you (a pub might not be a good idea)

10-10-10cruise830.jpghttp://[/img]a Promenade room on the FOS deck 6 (during the jewelry sale :eek:

DSC04990.jpg[/img]promenade room on the FOS deck 8

HurricaneFay8-23-08083.jpghttp://[/img]promenade MOS deck 7

HurricaneFay8-23-08344.jpg[/img]

Yup, they're pretty quiet rooms. Just make sure you're not on top of the pub or one of the other potentially loud venues. I'm a very light sleeper, and we were assigned 6327 last year, which is above Guest Services. We occasionally heard a bit of noise from Bolero's, two floors down. Other than that, never heard a peep from the promenade nor other rooms.

Completely off topic: we ironically did have noise issues on our Alaska cruise last month on the Celebrity Century. Wouldn't have expected it there, that's for sure. Our elderly neighbors apparently were scared of silence and left their TV on full volume...around the clock. :eek: Anyway, we were so pleased with our PR room on the FOS last year, we've rebooked its neighbor this year.

We have had 3 promenade rooms on 3 different Voyager class ships. We have always been on deck 8 and LOVE them. Only noise is during parades. Some people have complained about noise on deck 6 since you are right above some of the venues on the deck 5 Promenade.

Glad to hear it! We have three promenade cabins booked right now, one of which is the Ben and Jerry's Sweet. These are for my parents and my fiance's parents. My fiance and I (who will be my husband then!) will be far away in our aft balcony :)

Archived