Late september cruise

dyson

Ok this is going to sound stupid but so Be it....

I will be surprising my wife with a cruise to Mexico in September for her birthday. We will be taking the kids on the September 24th elation.

We were just on it in may and she had a great time so I figured what the heck.

But what kind of people are on the ship in September?

In March it was a real booze cruise with the spring breakers. August was ok with the family's on vacation.

may was a nice mixture of both.

But what will September be? most kids are in school so what kind of people will be on the ship or rather what groups?

and experience cruising then?

and any idea for Progresso?

I was on Elation this Feb and this May and never saw a booze cruise yet.

Every cruise has a large percentage of brand new virgin cruisers, and hard to predict how they will act.

Last Sept on Conquest, we had a uprising, mostly newbies who didnt understand that ports during hurricane season are never guaranteed.

Not a booze cruise, but lots of people who thought all they had to do is get signatures on their petition to get their cruise free.

Lots of newbies who dont spend time on CC who just dont know better.

Being hurricane season, I would be a lot more concerned with that than what you cant really predict, who will be your fellow pax.

Been cruising the last week of Sept., 1st week of Oct. for 5 years in a row now with no problems whatsoever. No hurricanes or even a drop of rain. Great weather and not as many kids this time of year.

Great mix of people and always enjoyable. Seems the hurricanes/rains effect more of the August, 1st of Sept. to the middle of September. JMHO from reading the boards.

We love cruising this time of year.....and the pricing is alot better also

Ok this is going to sound stupid but so Be it....

I will be surprising my wife with a cruise to Mexico in September for her birthday. We will be taking the kids on the September 24th elation.

We were just on it in may and she had a great time so I figured what the heck.

But what kind of people are on the ship in September?

In March it was a real booze cruise with the spring breakers. August was ok with the family's on vacation.

may was a nice mixture of both.

But what will September be? most kids are in school so what kind of people will be on the ship or rather what groups?

and experience cruising then?

and any idea for Progresso?

I've found the fall crowds to be more laid back... easier to deal with. We sail in the fall every year and I've enjoyed every single voyage. I think y'all will have a wonderful time.

About Progreso... it's one of my favorite ports. Progreso is a sleepy fishing village with a population of around 20,000 spread across a very wide area. You MUST do the double decker bus ride for three bucks... don't forget to DUCK!!!

My favorite thing to do is hang out on the beach... Corona Beach... yeah, the one you see in the commercials. The drinks are inexpensive (two bucks for a Corona...) and they serve you right there... no need to get up out of your beach chair. The food is very good at nearly every venue. My personal favorite is Buddy's, less than a quarter mile down the Malecon, the street that separates the beach from the shops.

Here's a few pics from Progreso...

IMG_2600.jpg

IMG_2592.jpg

IMG_2591.jpg

IMG_2612.jpg

IMG_2626.jpg

IMG_2632.jpg

That pier, by the way, is 4 1/2 miles long... the longest in the world. You ride a free bus to get into town. They head back about once every 15 minutes from the Casa de Cultura.

I would go on a tour thru autoprogresso. When you get off the free bus down the pier, they give you a list of excursions... all very good prices. Best of any port, so take advantage. anything from a all inclusive beach, $19 to go see flamingoes, ruins at less then $50.

I really have never noticed a big change in the make up of my cruises, so maybe it just doesnt matter. Iv been in Jan, March, April, May Sept, Oct, Nov and Dec. I skip summer.

Iv never noticed any kind of typical crowds for a particular month.

September-October cruising is great. Hard to beat the value. Just be willing to go with the flow as others have pointed out that it's hurricane season.

I also like the weather as it's not "surface of the sun" hot. :cool:

I've cruised Sept 24th the last 3 years in a row and going this year also, its an older crowd, a hand full of kids but not like summer or spring break.

In Progresso, I've done the Driving Tour to ruins and beach break, and tour of city, I'm doing the driving tour again this Sept. and in Cozumel, I've done the 4 Wheeler excursion, Driving Tour, and Scuba Diving, This Sept I'm doing the Scuba Diving again.

If you want to venture off Solo, do it in cozumel verses progresso.

Rich

good info. Will look more into the excursions. been to Cozumel many times not real fired up about it was there a few months ago. was hoping just to lay back and relax. As for them changing the ports I wouldn't mind that at all.

Sorts seems silly about the petition at says it right on the wen page ports can change.

There are always newbies trying to rock the boat though

Archived