? Zaandam bathroom outlet

fieldagent

? Zaandam bathroom outlet. Does it work when the light is turned off. I like a night light in the bathroom and to be able to charge my toothbrushes. When they overhalled the Ryndam the new outlet does not work when the light is turned off. It also only takes the old non polorized plugs as well as having a switch betwen the plugs that has to be pressed in for the outlet to work..

? Zaandam bathroom outlet. Does it work when the light is turned off. I like a night light in the bathroom and to be able to charge my toothbrushes. When they overhalled the Ryndam the new outlet does not work when the light is turned off. It also only takes the old non polorized plugs as well as having a switch betwen the plugs that has to be pressed in for the outlet to work..

The only photo that I can find on the Zaandam of the Bathroom's Razor electrical Outlet is this one in an AA 7088 (At least I think it is an electrical Outlet near the top right of the photo, just above the Faucet Handle??). I have no idea though if this would be the same in all staterooms (though I suspect it would be.) Also no idea, sorry, if the power would stay on once the light switch is turned off....

7088_Flindy-073.jpg

Joanie

Is that photo still current, Joanie? The outlet was on the left, as part of the hair dryer attached to the wall. It is reflected on the right, near the faucet. Those outlets did work when the light was off.

Problem is that those old hair dryers have been removed from the bathrooms as HAL as remodeled. If so, then the only outlet may be in the light fixture, at ceiling level. If you can even reach that high to plug an electric toothbrush in, the cord is too short to stand the toothbrush on the counter.

Some former NBA player must be working in the Seattle office, in charge of redesign, now. :rolleyes:

Is that photo still current, Joanie? The outlet was on the left, as part of the hair dryer attached to the wall. It is reflected on the right, near the faucet. Those outlets did work when the light was off.

Problem is that those old hair dryers have been removed from the bathrooms as HAL as remodeled. If so, then the only outlet may be in the light fixture, at ceiling level. If you can even reach that high to plug an electric toothbrush in, the cord is too short to stand the toothbrush on the counter.

Some former NBA player must be working in the Seattle office, in charge of redesign, now. :rolleyes:

Yes it is current as of February 2011:)

All the other photos of the bathrooms on Zaandam have the hair dryer to the left of the sink with no electrical outlet showing.

So unless they've remodeled since February they are the samed.

Joanie

All the other photos of the bathrooms on Zaandam have the hair dryer to the left of the sink with no electrical outlet showing.

In the photo you posted the outlet clearly shows in the reflection. It's a combination 110/220 outlet---just choose the correct openings.

In the photo you posted the outlet clearly shows in the reflection. It's a combination 110/220 outlet---just choose the correct openings.

Thanks Ruth for confirming:) I thought it was, but needed an expert opinion (you of course being one of a number on this board:D) that was what I was seeing:)

EDITED: NOW I SEE Ruth!!! It is a REFLECTION of the electrical outlet between the Hair Dryer and the Mirror that I see reflected in the photo. NOT the actual electrical outlet above the faucet.... Duh.... I am so blonde at times:(

Joanie

On a recent NA cruise, I was surprised to find that the bathroom outlet is for an old-fashioned, non-polarized plug. I thought this to be very strange for the newest ship in the fleet.

Do shavers and toothbrushes come with a polarized plug? That's all those outlets are supposed to be for. My toothbrush is 2-prong; I don't use a shaver. ;)

On the Nieuw Amsterdam, is the outlet high up at ceiling level, in the light fixture? I was shocked when I found it there on the E-dam, and wondered if HAL realized that placement is a mistake and corrected it.

Do shavers and toothbrushes come with a polarized plug? That's all those outlets are supposed to be for. My toothbrush is 2-prong; I don't use a shaver. ;)

On the Nieuw Amsterdam, is the outlet high up at ceiling level, in the light fixture? I was shocked when I found it there on the E-dam, and wondered if HAL realized that placement is a mistake and corrected it.

Ruth here is a photo I took of the one in our stateroom on Nieuw Amsterdam and unfortunately, it is still near the ceiling:(

sm-6164_IRL_Joanie-47.jpg

Joanie

Ruth here is a photo I took of the one in our stateroom on Nieuw Amsterdam and unfortunately, it is still near the ceiling:(

Thanks. That's what I was afraid of. In the cabins that have been redone I've been forced to keep my toothbrush plugged in at the desk. That takes up the plug I need for my breathing machine. :eek:

Bummer.

Archived