Taxis in Cozumel

librarycin

Ok, I'm looking at tours to Tulum when I am in Cozumel.

BUT, both the RCCL tour AND the ShoreTrips tour I am looking at say you need to take a cab to (and/or from) the meeting place. More specifically, if I decide on the RCCL tour, it says that the tour ends in downtown Cozumel and you have to take a cab back to the ship from there.

I'm not so sure I'm comfortable with that, but I don't want to miss out on seeing something.

I'm on my own, so I just don't know how safe it is to do these things on my own. I take tours because I don't want to have to worry about this stuff!

Any thoughts or recommendations on taking a cab in Cozumel? Thanks!

Cabs are well regulated in Coz and there is a price list at the port for all of the trips - if you search these boards you can find a copy. It's pretty safe, but you'll save money after a cruise if you pile into a van-taxi with some others from your tour. Good luck! :)

The taxi is the least of your worry...

You do know that you will have to take a 35-40 min ferry ride and a approx 1hr bus ride on the mainland just to get there? That doesn't include all the standing around waiting.

Don't get me wrong, its very safe and you don't have to worry about missing the boat because your booking threw the boat... but do you want to spend 50% of your time traveling? Just something to think about...

The taxi is the least of your worry...

You do know that you will have to take a 35-40 min ferry ride and a approx 1hr bus ride on the mainland just to get there? That doesn't include all the standing around waiting.

Don't get me wrong, its very safe and you don't have to worry about missing the boat because your booking threw the boat... but do you want to spend 50% of your time traveling? Just something to think about...

Oh, the ferry is included in the tours I'm looking at (so I was warned of that in the tour info). I'm not interested in beaches at all, and Tulum seems the most interesting thing for me to see in Cozumel.

Cabs are well regulated in Coz and there is a price list at the port for all of the trips - if you search these boards you can find a copy. It's pretty safe, but you'll save money after a cruise if you pile into a van-taxi with some others from your tour. Good luck! :)

Thanks for the info. Maybe I'll see if I can find a copy of that list.

I thought of another question.

The RCCL tour says it drops us off in downtown Cozumel, then we have to get a cab back from there. So, how do I go about finding a cab? I have never "hailed" a cab in my life! I always phone ahead with an address, or am catching it at the bus depot or airport. (Oh, I guess I was with a friend in NYC once, but she did the hailing!)

At where the ferry landing meets land there are cab stands where they are lined up waiting for you. It's right in the middle of town where the town square is. If you have time you may want to wander around and take in the sights and have a bite to eat or a drink. There are so many cabs on the main water front drag that you will be more annoyed by the cabs tooting at you trying to pick you up than by trying to find one.

No worries

Rich

At where the ferry landing meets land there are cab stands where they are lined up waiting for you. It's right in the middle of town where the town square is. If you have time you may want to wander around and take in the sights and have a bite to eat or a drink. There are so many cabs on the main water front drag that you will be more annoyed by the cabs tooting at you trying to pick you up than by trying to find one.

No worries

Rich

LOL! Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived