Carnival Legend Review & Pictures!

leesy007

I followed your adventures from beginning to end, and I must say that you have had a different perspective that any other review of the Legend that I've read lately. I absolutely LOVED your take on this cruise. I can hardly wait until October when it's my turn! Thank you so much for such a great review!

Really? Thanks! I just tried to post the things that I would want to know if I was reading a review. Well, that a just a little personality for fun :D . Have fun on your cruise! I know you will!

OMG ... I just spit my ice tea all over the place laughing at this! :D I was an avid LOST fan and I totally see Smokey in the pic! :p

Leesy, this is an excellent review, loved your pictures, and your view of the islands you visited. Congratulations, well done! ;)

Thank you for reading! Sorry you spilt your drink, I almost peed my pants when we saw it in person :)

To the OP, love your photography. It's a nice mix of architectural detail (the kind of pictures I take), people and places. You have a good eye.

Well thank you! I am glad you noticed. I really tried to capture the spirit of each port. Thank you for reading :)

I burst out laughing with your LOST smoke monster-I showed DH and he said, well if they would just turn the wheel it'll all go away LOL. I'm so glad I found your thread again-I will print out the bus schedule. Hope it's still valid next year.

AGain, thanks so much for yoru review!

Alyse....thanks so much for your review. You've got a fabulous personality!

Is there any chance you have a photo with yourself with the waterproof bag? I think you said you wore it cross your body? I'm just trying to picture if thats the type of thing i'm looking for for our Nov cruise on Legend. It's hard to get a good idea of the size from the photo on amazon, but thanks so much for supplying it.

Trace

In Grand Cayman the city buses will slow down as they drive pass you and honk twice. That is their way of asking if you need a ride. We walked for about 5 minutes before a bus pulled up to us. After we asked is he was headed to the port, we got on. Not a problem!

For Grand Cayman I really made use of Google Maps to see exactly the area of the port.

I also really loved this website: www.caymanislands.ky There is a walking tour map that might be fun to try, and a list of helpful numbers for the island.

thanks for the tips on Grand Cayman:D

p.s. Your DH must be in good humor while your off taking pictures of showers:p (btw, I'm going to check those showers out! thx to your info and photos)

• 1 year later...

We are trying to pick a cruise for our 40th Anniversary. We have done the Eastern Carribbean twice on Liberty but never the Western. How did you like the different ports? Did the boat dock right at any beaches or did you have to book trips to get to a beach?

We are trying to pick a cruise for our 40th Anniversary. We have done the Eastern Carribbean twice on Liberty but never the Western. How did you like the different ports? Did the boat dock right at any beaches or did you have to book trips to get to a beach?

The only port stop that the Legend docks by with a beach is at Mahogany Bay (Isla Roatan) which is Carnival's "Disney Like" port. It's a nice beach and area, but the best thing to do is go to the taxi stands and have the taxi driver take you to the West End of the island (Taxi driver will remain with you for the day). The beaches there demonstrate the real beauty that Roatan has, not so much as the "man made" that Mohogany Bay offers.

Cozumel your best beach to go to is take a boat it Isla Pasion. Very beautiful.

Grand Cayman- 7 Mile beach isn't to far from the port, will require a taxi.

Belize- Know they have beaches, but don't really think from my experience this is know as being a beach port. Belize is very beautiful though and I've done some of my best inland excursions there.

Have a great trip. Carnival Legend is a great ship, better book her soon if you haven't already before she heads off to Europe.

Well thank you! I am glad you noticed. I really tried to capture the spirit of each port. Thank you for reading :)

Just wanted to let you know that all this time later, people are still reading and appreciating your review. I loved it so much I sent you a friend request so I can keep up if you post more.

Thank you for sharing all the info and the great pics. You seem like you would be an awesome person to be on a cruise with.\

Sherry

• 7 months later...
Love the review, but you are wrong about Roatan. It is the most beautiful island in the Caribbean. Mahogany Bay was made by Carnival and the beach there is man-made. Next time you go get out of the port area and go to the West End, see the beaches and you will really enjoy your time there.

I so agree with this-Roatan is heaven gotta go to the West End!!

I am LOVING your tips on the spa hot tub and showers...I have been on Legend before, but did not know these tips going to use them when we go in January! Thanks much!

Archived