St. Croix Safari Tours

mouse1961

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks. I've found a couple reviews outside Cruise Critic. After reading them, I've sent them several emails but no response.

I haven't gotten a response either. Doesn't give you that warm and fuzzy feeling.

I just sent another. If I don't get an answer, time to move on.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I emailed them and got an immediate response from Sweeny, actually Andre who must be by the computer all the time now. I would like to hear from someone who has taken the Safari Tour for cruisers to let me know how much fun it was. We are seniors in our 60's who are not up to a day of snorkeling so are looking for other options.

I emailed them and got an immediate response from Sweeny, actually Andre who must be by the computer all the time now. I would like to hear from someone who has taken the Safari Tour for cruisers to let me know how much fun it was. We are seniors in our 60's who are not up to a day of snorkeling so are looking for other options.

I got a quick response also and have a reservation for Feb 18th. We are also seniors and not interested in snorkeling or beaching all day. If he doesn't show up I guess we will just wing it.

We did this tour two weeks ago and loved it. We are not swimmers so we weren't interested in anything that involved snorkelling. We both felt this tour gave us a good feel for the island and we were not rushed at any of our stops. The price of this tour was about half of what the ship was charging for equivalent tours.

We did this tour two weeks ago and loved it. We are not swimmers so we weren't interested in anything that involved snorkelling. We both felt this tour gave us a good feel for the island and we were not rushed at any of our stops. The price of this tour was about half of what the ship was charging for equivalent tours.

Thanks for your positive review I look forward to taking this tour. Was the tour operator on time also where did you meet and was it easy to find? Thanks again.

Edited by Lorey2007

we just returned from the 11/26 sailing of the Serenade; St Croix was our favorite port. It is really beautiful and very unique. There are many tours offered as soon as you exit the terminal. The one we selected took about 20 minutes to put together a full tour of about 20 people. It was a combination boat and van (2) tour to the Pitons, volcano, rain forest and beach. We could not have been more pleased; it was very well organized and the equipment was very well maintained. At only $25 pp for about 5 hours, it was a great value; our $20 tip was much appreciated. It also included beer and soft drinks. The beauty of these independent tours is there is no scheduled time that you have to be there and you don't have to make any prior arrangements. We left the ship about 10:00 AM and the tour assembled and left at 10:30 AM. This particular tour had a booth (last one on the left at the terminal exit); most prefer cash.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We took this tour last week. We never saw Sweeney - Sweeney tours ended up being a van (rather dirty) with an elderly driver. It was a good tour, but it kind of bothered me that they don't tell you ahead of time of additional costs - charge for the rum distillery tour, and another charge for the botanical garden. It is very easy to book a tour at the port.

• 4 weeks later...

We took this tour last week. We never saw Sweeney - Sweeney tours ended up being a van (rather dirty) with an elderly driver. It was a good tour, but it kind of bothered me that they don't tell you ahead of time of additional costs - charge for the rum distillery tour, and another charge for the botanical garden. It is very easy to book a tour at the port.

We did pre-book the Island Tours with this operator last December (2011).

SWEENY TOUSSAINT - Owner/Operator

340-773-6700

Got a prompt, detailed response from Andre Sweeny via email and we were informed UPFRONT about the $40.00 USD/pax tour fare plus the additional $5.00 USD/pax entrance fee where we had to option to choose either a visit to the Cruzan Rum Distillery or the St. George Botanical Gardens as part of the listed itinerary.

Note that should you decide to opt out of the visit to the Rum Distillery (while others in your group will do it), you can enjoy a drink (alcoholic or not) while waiting inside the relaxing Visitor's Pavilion.

Our driver & tour guide wasn't Andre but the 'elderly' driver was very knowledgeble, funny and overall we had a great time. We were even able to customized our tour and decided to skip the stop at the Cane Bay Beach in favor of visiting both the Distillery and the Botanical Gardens (we were a small group of 6 and had no complaints whatsoever!).

We met the tour guide right at the Pier, as instructed, at 10:30AM (in Frederiksted):

P1690354.jpg

P1690369.jpg

Still working on uploading the pcs and videos for this St. Croix Island Tour...

However, below is a sample of the first stop we had on this tour:

Photos: Sweeny Safari Tours: visiting Cruzan Rum Distillery (Friday 12.30.2011)

Sweeny's Safari Tours welcomed us to St. Croix - sightseeing and learning about St. Croix's history, cultural traditions, politics, botany, and more.

1. Tour started at the Pier in FREDERIKSTED and we headed to our first stop:

The Cruzan Rum Distillery - producing the world's finest rum since 1650.

The Nelthropp family continues the tradition of producing this high quality rum using only the purest, natural ingredients and process.

A visit to the distillery showed us how Cruzan Rum is made. After the tour we were offered free samples at the visitor's pavilion, and could buy the many varieties of rum and merchandise directly from the source!

- See VIDEO here:

View Photo album (145)

• 2 years later...