Current Quality of Chops Grille on Enchantment

We will be on the Aug. 11'th sailing of Enchantment out of Baltimore, and are planning on trying Chops for the first time. However, there have been recent threads expounding on how poor the quality of the steaks at Chops has been lately across many different RCC ships. Have any of you eaten at Chops on Enchantment in the past couple of weeks? If so, can you please tell me if it was good or not? In particular, we are wondering if the Porterhouse steaks have been good or not. My family and I have never had them, and I'm darn sure we won't have the opportunity to try them any time soon once get back home! But wonder if they are worth ordering or if another steak would be a better bet. Any advice would be appreciated.

If you have never had them then you won't really if they were poor quality...

I would disagree. Food quality effects all aspects of appearance, flavor, tenderness, and nutritional value. The first three are apparent while eating your meal.

We had dinner in Chops on Enchantment twice during our cruise this July, 2011. It was fantastic. The food and the service were both outstanding. We did not have the Porterhouse steaks, though, because they were too large. However, people at the table next to us did, and they raved about the steaks. We opted for the filets, and concur that they were delicious. Don't hesitate to dine there! It is well worth the up-charge and you will enjoy the experience.

We are also on the August 11th sailing and have reservations at Chops and are taking two of our friends. We too were concerned about the recent negative reviews of Chops.

Lysingers: thanks for starting this thread. We are much more comfortable now.

Had dinner in Chops on the Enchantment in July. Food and service were excellent. The red velvet cake was wonderful :)

Thanks to all who responded to my querry regarding food quality at Chops on Enchantment. Any and all additional comments/opinions will continue to be appreciated.

We had dinner in Chops on Enchantment twice during our cruise this July, 2011. It was fantastic. The food and the service were both outstanding. We did not have the Porterhouse steaks, though, because they were too large. However, people at the table next to us did, and they raved about the steaks. We opted for the filets, and concur that they were delicious. Don't hesitate to dine there! It is well worth the up-charge and you will enjoy the experience.

I'm sure that the Porterhouse will be too big for me as well, but I will be accompanied by my two 6' 4" carnivorous teen sons, as well as my meat-loving husband, so I'm fairly confident that nothing will go to waste.

I would disagree. Food quality effects all aspects of appearance, flavor, tenderness, and nutritional value. The first three are apparent while eating your meal.

I would also disagree with matj2000. I may not be so fortunate to eat steak often enough to discern the subtle differences between different cuts, but I still think that I would be capable of knowing when I was served an inferior one.

I believe Chops is great. We went there twice on our last cruise on the Enchantment. The porterhouse is large and very good. I would not say it was as good as Mortons or Capital Grill or other nice steak houses but certainly better than the main dining room. When I first started cruising the steak quality especially the porterhouse was much better than it is now. With that said i will always go to Chops.

Archived