LGBT Liberty of the Seas 10-29-2011 Transatlantic Barcelona to Ft Lauderdale (Pt2)

CC Help Jenn

Thanks George that's good to know... I wasn't thinking of getting the 3g.. Peter gave me the prices of them in the UK and from what he told me they are in $$$$$ here what you pay in pounds, so far less.

WELCOME CRAIG... to this gret RC...we are Sherry and Ivor, and live in Glendale [ a suburb of Phoenix] Arizona but originally from London England... see you onboard...:)

GEORGE excuse me it is late I was working it out wrong.... so I think then it is about the same price.

I thought Peter said it was a lot more than 479 pounds. I thought he said it was about 700 pounds which would make it over $1000...wish I knew how to do the pound symbol on here I am sure there is a way

GEORGE excuse me it is late I was working it out wrong.... so I think then it is about the same price.

I thought Peter said it was a lot more than 479 pounds. I thought he said it was about 700 pounds which would make it over $1000...wish I knew how to do the pound symbol on here I am sure there is a way

Hi Sherry, no I said £399 for the 16GB worked out at around $600, £479 for the 32GB worked out at around $720 and the 64GB retailing at £539 here which is around $840 in the US.

Both the Apple store and PC World are £479 this morning, anyone found it cheaper ??

Very much doubt you will find it cheaper anywhere else as Apple seem to insist everyone sells all their products at the same price. PC World do have refurbished units for sale for £20 less.

I'm Craig from Atlanta and my last TA crossing was on a Russian ship quite some time ago. Have done several Atlantis cruises more recently and am looking forward to seeing all of you on board.
Welcome Aboard Craig. Apologies for late welcome but as we are Peter & Patrick from Manchester, UK we are obviously a few hours ahead of you.

We've never done an Atlantis cruise and this is our 1st TA. Look forward to meeting you on board. Any questions just ask, there are many far more experienced people than us on this board that can help you.

Hi Sherry,

Very much doubt you will find it cheaper anywhere else as Apple seem to insist everyone sells all their products at the same price. PC World do have refurbished units for sale for £20 less.

Looks that way, checked around this morning and everyone is £479

Apple store and Best Buy for wifi and no 3G

$699. 64k

$599. 32

$499. 16

These are the prices which are standard. 3G adds quite a bit to it and really unless you are using it for business you probably will find wifi is enough. I believe AT &T allows you to buy the plan a month at a time if you are traveling and really need it.

I personally felt the difference of doubling was worth the $100 for the 64.

Hope this helps Sherry. Left you message on other CC board too.

Joyce

If you have 3G on your phone, you can use that as your hotspot and connect your Ipad's wifi to it if your traveling. So you probably dont need to have 3G/4G and data plans on both. Im not sure quite how to do that but mySIL says its the most economical way and easy. I bit the bullet and ordered the new Iphone 4s last Friday. Im anxiously awaiting it. My challenge for today is to get some pictures that are on the old phone off without spending the extra money to email each one.

George, looks like Suzy has the idea that she will be visiting the cat resort soon and wonders if she could go with you this time. See, I fit here!!

Donna

Edited by kylea_s

Looks like you will have a stow away on board. Funny how animals see luggage and get all freaked out. Luckily all I have to do is bring my suitcase upstairs and pack there over the next few weeks as the family dog (Sadie) does not do stairs but does get distressed at the sight of a suitcase. Getting so close now, so excited, safe travels everyone. Can't wait to see you all on board! Of oucre I will be one of the last posters here as my flight does not leave until 8PM on the 27th...

PETER my mistake.... it looks like they are about the same price here...

GEORGE can't you take a hint.... your little pussy wants to go with you :D We used to have a calico, the sweetest cat ever....

JOYCE we will check them out again at the Apple store and maybe this time I will find someone who knows what they are talking about....

May sit out for a little today, the weather is perfect, blue skies and around 90 degrees.

Went out to the shops and came back to find Suzy in my hand luggage waiting to go on holiday.2343794990069717818S500x500Q85.jpg

2280753660069717818S500x500Q85.jpg

Don't have that problem with Charlie, it's just catching him if he sees the pet carrier coming out to take him to the cattery! If he sees that he's off and goes into hiding!

Looks like you will have a stow away on board. Funny how animals see luggage and get all freaked out. Luckily all I have to do is bring my suitcase upstairs and pack there over the next few weeks as the family dog (Sadie) does not do stairs but does get distressed at the sight of a suitcase. Getting so close now, so excited, safe travels everyone. Can't wait to see you all on board! Of oucre I will be one of the last posters here as my flight does not leave until 8PM on the 27th...
Looking forward to meeting you Hillary, we'll switch the light down low on this thread here as we leave on the 28th, but then again I know Corinne doesn't leave until the morning of the 29th.

I'll still be posting when we get to Barcelona when I find my free WiFi hotspot in the hotel.

Good afternoon everyone, hope is having a great Tuesday.

George, cute pussy:D

We don't have an iPad, but if we were going to get one today, I would get the 64G for the extra C note, and w/o the 3G. The way tech is today and the ever increasing richness in graphics, photos and movies, that 32G will be obsolete before you know it and 64G will get eaten up pretty quick JMHO. Since our phones are 3G, I would just set up the iPhone as a hotspot that others have mentioned. Can't be too hard, right???:rolleyes::confused:

Apple fixes the price by license to sell, so you won't find any other pricing at bricks and mortar and most online sellers.

Thanks Sandy

Mike did you like my cat as well as my :D ok NC for me.

I only bought my Samsung Galaxy in March and can I justify buying the ipad so soon :eek:

George, I have a question about your Galaxy, how do you copy stuff from an SD memory card to it? That's if you do that. I'm thinking of photos from camera SD cards. I use my netbook to store the photos to free up the SD card again.

Cold, rainy afternoon here. I think I have about everything gathered that needs gathering for the suitcases. Now after I pack, Ill have to put some of it back. I did get my flu shot so that can get checked off.

Im happy that the pictures got moved off of my old phone and are safely in an album on the home pc.

Hope the sun is shining whereever you are.

Donna

George, I have a question about your Galaxy, how do you copy stuff from an SD memory card to it? That's if you do that. I'm thinking of photos from camera SD cards. I use my netbook to store the photos to free up the SD card again.

That is a problem Peter as there is not a way to download from a SD memory card.

I only use my Galaxy for email and internet plus the Apps, photo storage I have 3 SD cards one of which I have never used, these would give me around 2,700 high quality shots, the selling point for the Galaxy with me at the time was size which is about the same size as a kindle and can also be used as such.

Thanks Sandy

Mike did you like my cat as well as my :D ok NC for me.

I only bought my Samsung Galaxy in March and can I justify buying the ipad so soon :eek:

George, what else could I possible be referring to:confused::D