Jewel Courtyard Villa questions...

whale-watcher

According to your list for cabin 14006, one item states "Starboard side (1)." According to the deck plan, isn't cabin 14006 on the port side? The starboard side A-3 cabins all have 500 numbers (14506)?

Not my list - I just cut and pasted from the NCL reservation system. Would not be the first mistake in their database :)

Not my list - I just cut and pasted from the NCL reservation system. Would not be the first mistake in their database :)

I booked courtyard villa 14008 because I wanted a port side cabin? That's what it is according to the deck plans on NCL's web-site and the brochure.

I booked courtyard villa 14008 because I wanted a port side cabin? That's what it is according to the deck plans on NCL's web-site and the brochure.

I am not sure what is correct. If you look at the Garden Villas on the deckplan above 14500 is the port side and 14000 is Starboard. On all the other decks the 5XXs are port and 0XX are starboard as well. Only the A3/4 villas are reversed on the deck plan. If port is critical I would double check with NCL. It is strange that the description and all the other 0XX are Starboard.

As a betting man I would believe the deck plans are wrong. But I never make much $ betting :)

I am not sure what is correct. If you look at the Garden Villas on the deckplan above 14500 is the port side and 14000 is Starboard. On all the other decks the 5XXs are port and 0XX are starboard as well. Only the A3/4 villas are reversed on the deck plan. If port is critical I would double check with NCL. It is strange that the description and all the other 0XX are Starboard.

As a betting man I would believe the deck plans are wrong. But I never make much $ betting :)

The Jewel deck plans have been posted on NCL's web-site for weeks. If the courtyard villas numbers were wrong, wouldn't they have corrected them by now? Many people are selecting cabins according to the deck plans? Will check with NCL tomorrow but I suspect they will be as confused as we are?

Shoreguy and Dolphins -- thanks so much for pointing out the irregularity in the numbering of the A3 villas -- after looking at the plans for the other decks, as well as for other NCL ships, I would bet that shoreguy is correct and the numbering on the deck plans is switched. I will call my TA tomorrow and see if she can find any more information, but I will also ask her to switch us to a 145XX cabin if possible....we also would like to be on the port side of the ship for our Canada/New England cruise -- at least I'm assuming the scenery will be better on that side.

The Jewel deck plans have been posted on NCL's web-site for weeks. If the courtyard villas numbers were wrong, wouldn't they have corrected them by now? Many people are selecting cabins according to the deck plans? Will check with NCL tomorrow but I suspect they will be as confused as we are?

You are right. This is one of those things the people in the call center will have no clue how to deal with. If you have a problem email me I have the extension of a couple of the managers that fixed my booking.

Dolphins -- are you on a Canada/New England sailing -- if so, did you chose the port side for scenery on this route, or did you have another reason? Looking at the route again, I wonder how much difference it will make with this round trip sailing. Thought I'd post the question here before I had my TA try and change cabins. Thanks

Dolphins -- are you on a Canada/New England sailing -- if so, did you chose the port side for scenery on this route, or did you have another reason? Looking at the route again, I wonder how much difference it will make with this round trip sailing. Thought I'd post the question here before I had my TA try and change cabins. Thanks

We are on the Canada/New England cruise on Oct. 10th. We preferred the port side because we have two full sea days returning to New York and I would prefer my veranda facing south on the cooler days at the end of the cruise. I doubt if a change is even possible now as I am sure all the courtyard villas are booked. A shame to spend so much money and not get the cabin you thought you booked so far in advance. I have also E-mailed Meyer-werft to see if they can clarify the cabin assignments. I fear Shoreguy is right and they screwed up the deck 14 deckplan on the NCL web-site.

We are on the Canada/New England cruise on Oct. 10th. We preferred the port side because we have two full sea days returning to New York and I would prefer my veranda facing south on the cooler days at the end of the cruise. I doubt if a change is even possible now as I am sure all the courtyard villas are booked. A shame to spend so much money and not get the cabin you thought you booked so far in advance. I have also E-mailed Meyer-werft to see if they can clarify the cabin assignments. I fear Shoreguy is right and they screwed up the deck 14 deckplan on the NCL web-site.

How many times did we all look at the deckplan and not notice the discrepancy. Perhaps the plans have the same numbering. None of will know until for sure until the first passengers board.

I have also E-mailed Meyer-werft to see if they can clarify the cabin assignments

I will watch for your answer. How did you find the e-mail address, as I would be interested in contacting them regarding the bathroom issue. There is still good availability of A3 villas on the September 18 sailing -- hope this is the case for your sailing as well.

I will watch for your answer. How did you find the e-mail address, as I would be interested in contacting them regarding the bathroom issue. There is still good availability of A3 villas on the September 18 sailing -- hope this is the case for your sailing as well.

If you go to the Meyer-Werft web-site where you can observe the ship under construction, they have a place where you can contact them. They were most helpful in advising me that the courtyard pool was heated and the glass roof was retractable.

Back in Nov. 2004 when we booked the Jewel for Feb 2006, I used an on-line agency and requested a specific cabin, one of the A4 courtyard villas. At that time, the 2 A4 villas were #14510 and 14010. I know that because I printed out the deckplan back in Nov. On 1/04 I noticed the change in the deckplan and emailed my on-line agency because my 14510 was now a category A3. I was changed to 14514.

Back in November the cabin nbrs on deck 14 were:

Port side:

GV - 14500, A3 - 14502, 14504, 14506,14508, A4 - 14510

Stbd side:

GV - 14000, A3 - 14002, 14004, 14006, 14008, A4 - 14010

Also, if you look at the deckplans of several on-line agencies, you will see these old cabin nbrs. They do not coincide with the NCL website.

My concern is: If the current NCL deckplan is incorrect - my cabin (14514) may not exist. It really doesnt make sense the way they have it now. They have eliminated cabins 14502, 14504, 14002, 14004.

Should I be concerned?

Once again, Shoreguy was right about the numbering of the port side cabins on the Jewel. NCL has confirmed that the courtyard villa numbers shown on their web-site Jewel deck plan are reversed. The port side A-3 cabins should read 14506, 14508, 14510 & 14512. Port A-4 is 14514. The starboard side A-3 cabins should read 14006, 14008, 14010 & 14012. Starboard A-4 is 14014.

Fortunately, I was able to change my booking to 14510, the only remaining port side courtyard villa still available. Thanks again to Shoreguy for pointing our an error which could cause a lot of disappointment to villa bookers. Hopefully, NCL will now correct their deck 14 deck plan.

Back in Nov. 2004 when we booked the Jewel for Feb 2006, I used an on-line agency and requested a specific cabin, one of the A4 courtyard villas. At that time, the 2 A4 villas were #14510 and 14010. I know that because I printed out the deckplan back in Nov. On 1/04 I noticed the change in the deckplan and emailed my on-line agency because my 14510 was now a category A3. I was changed to 14514.

Back in November the cabin nbrs on deck 14 were:

Port side:

GV - 14500, A3 - 14502, 14504, 14506,14508, A4 - 14510

Stbd side:

GV - 14000, A3 - 14002, 14004, 14006, 14008, A4 - 14010

Also, if you look at the deckplans of several on-line agencies, you will see these old cabin nbrs. They do not coincide with the NCL website.

My concern is: If the current NCL deckplan is incorrect - my cabin (14514) may not exist. It really doesnt make sense the way they have it now. They have eliminated cabins 14502, 14504, 14002, 14004.

Should I be concerned?

A-4 courtyard cabin 14514 does exist on the port side, confirmed by NCL.

I also made the switch to a true port A3 cabin (also 14510 on the 18 sept sailing) -- my TA was also able to confirm that the deck plans are indeed reversed. The link to the webcam is great -- fun to see the progress!

It should be updated tomoorow again. One of these weeks the Jewel will be gone from sight and afloat.

Just checked updated today! The primer is almost all on

Jewel329.jpg.bd62071262386ee8bd44158d5a877d64.jpg

looks like the balconies will be set back a condiderable distance from the edge. Great view out but no view down.
Hopefully not too far back -- the info from my TA shows a larger balcony for the A3 than for the AB suites, so perhaps they will extend out farther, even if the room itself is set back a bit? Hard to tell for sure on the webcam, and I'm not sure what to make of the deckplan anymore.

Archived