Jewel Courtyard Villa questions...

whale-watcher

I had a panic attack yesterday. While checking my Jewel cruise in March 2006, the website didn't show my room on the deck plan. I immediately called NCL and they clarified that the room numbers were changed. I was originally in 14004 that I booked back in December, it's now 14008. People who booked early might want to confirm their room numbers. I have the South Pacific Brochure that lists it as 14004 and the Caribbean Brochure as 14008. I picked up the brochures last week while on the Sun. Looks like the Courtyard Villa mix-ups go farther than Port vs. Starboard!

If the NCL web-site deck plan is accurate, it would appear that the verandas on the port side courtyard villa cabins are set back and will look down on the shuffleboard court on Deck 13?
oh no, don't tell me I have to call the TA to switch sides again!:confused: I would be surprised if they were set back that far...

If the NCL web-site deck plan is accurate, it would appear that the verandas on the port side courtyard villa cabins are set back and will look down on the shuffleboard court on Deck 13?

Well they do say "Family Friendly". This way you don't have to worry about kids falling overboard ;)

To my eye, it appears that deck 14 flares out where the garden and courtyard villas are, and extends out over the underlying jogging track and shuffleboard court to the edge of the ship. The foreward section of deck 14 (where the sundeck is located) appears to be even with the side of the ship, and the courtyard villa section appears wider than the sundeck in the deckplans, which would match the flare in deck 13 below; hope we can confirm this for certain...here is the image from Meyer Werft that seems to show the flaring deck 14:

123.jpg

Everyone sees things in their own way. It is clear to me from the drawning that it is recessed. You can see the deck below exposed. Keeping in mind this is just an artist concept.

Looking at the webcam shot it appears the deck below flares out just like the Dawn. This is the area they have the giant chess game. In fact that flare looks to start just forward of the A4. Perhaps that is why the difference in size.

From the Miami Cam just now here is a shot of the area on the Dawn. You can see the flare and how the current villas bump out a little. There is still open deck space below. You will be staying on the basketball court ;)

Drive yourself crazy - Zoom away - here is a link to the cam.

Miami Cam

Dawnflair.jpg.9ace43b371e65c4b7cc0377cb25878d3.jpg

Inset or overhang I think they will be great suites and a wonderful new ship.

I couldn't agree more. Really looking forward to this unique cabin on a new ship with an outstanding staff with many familiar faces while enjoying the spectacular fall foliage in Canada and New England. It doesn't get much better than that.

:D LOL-- If I even mention the words "port", "starboard", "overhang", "second bathroom", or "retractable cover" to my wife or TA one more time they will have me locked away, take away my computer and schedule an intervention:DI am predicting a wonderful cruise on an amazing ship!

I wanted an A4 Port side for the 9/18 cruise - big 50th Anniv. celebration. When I orig. booked both were open so I picked the port side and got 14014.

This agreed with the NCL web site and the SA brochure. When this thread started, I called my TA and found that 14014 was on the Starboard side. The NCL web site still showed it as a port side cabin as of Mon. Calls to NCL proved fruitless since the port cabin was already booked. I glad for this board because I'm afraid it have spoiled my cruise if I didn't find out until embarkation. Long time cruiser but first time on NCL. Is this any way to run a cruise line??

Porterhouse -- in the long run, with a round-trip sailing, it probably will be great on either side of the ship. And we will have that great sundeck one level up to take in all the scenery.

Shoreguy -- I had to laugh when you said we would be staying on the basketball court -- my 12yo boy would probably prefer that to a courtyard villa!

Whale Watcher,

I agree and changed my whole outlook. I'm not going to let this small mishap ruin what should be a wonderful cruise. I hope you are wishing to see a whale. If you do, please give a SHOUT!.

Happy Sails, Jack

Archived